It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2007, 02:34 AM   #1
(male)

Zebadee HB User
35 days smoke free but still crave for one

just want to say I'm 35 days smoke free now, quit since new years day I still have cravings for it though, what do people do to stop the cravings??

Old 02-03-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Re: 35 days smoke free but still crave for one

gooner, I go for a walk, eat something healthy, take a shower, drink a cold glass of water, drink a diet coke, call a friend on the phone, etc. It will get better gooner, I quit 9 months ago and I still get a craving or two a day but they only last a second or so and are gone before I know it. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

gooner,
Take Traveller's advice.
Here are some more suggestions for when the urge strikes:
Leave the situation you are in, Take a deep breath, Remind yourself how much progress you've made, Tell yourself that smoking will not solve your problems.

Have I told you about the straw cigarette? You take a straw and cut it to the length of a cigarette. Then you stuff if with cotton until the draw is about the same as that of a cigarette. You make a whole bunch of these and you put the everywhere....in the den, in the kitchen, in the bedroom, in the car, in your purse or your pocket. These have helped a lot of people. Me....I just puckered up my lips like I was gonna suck on a cigarette and took a deep breath. That helped.

Memaw

Old 02-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #4
(male)

Zebadee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaw649 View Post
gooner,
Take Traveller's advice.
Here are some more suggestions for when the urge strikes:
Leave the situation you are in, Take a deep breath, Remind yourself how much progress you've made, Tell yourself that smoking will not solve your problems.

Have I told you about the straw cigarette? You take a straw and cut it to the length of a cigarette. Then you stuff if with cotton until the draw is about the same as that of a cigarette. You make a whole bunch of these and you put the everywhere....in the den, in the kitchen, in the bedroom, in the car, in your purse or your pocket. These have helped a lot of people. Me....I just puckered up my lips like I was gonna suck on a cigarette and took a deep breath. That helped.

Memaw
Interesting, will try it.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:02 AM   #5
(female)

chantypals HB User

Read, post, breathe, distract - anything that you can do and know it'll pass. The longer you are quit, the shorter and less frequent those craves come. It took us years to train ourselves that we needed a cigarette and I think it's gonna take years for us to retrain ourselves. Hang in there and know you are doing great!!

Closed Thread