It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
(female)

Karen1711 HB User
Question Chantix Refill Cost

I'm wondering if the refill is the same price as the starter pack? I'm thinking I might need a refill and it's pretty expensive. I paid $101 for the first one..that's with insurance.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User
Re: Chantix Refill Cost

Karen,
That sound about right for the refill. I paid about $125 and that is without any insurance. How are you doing on the Chantix? Hopefully you're not having many side effects.
Good Luck to you!

Memaw

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2007, 11:08 PM   #3
(female)

Karen1711 HB User

Thanks, Meemaw. I did call the pharmacist and he said the refill is the same price. Just hoped it might be a little cheaper

Karen

Old 02-12-2007, 08:15 AM   #4
(female)

dobie57 HB User

Has anyone quit taking the Chantix after one month? I have been smoke free for 11 days and need to call my doctor for the second refill. With these side effects ( nausea, gas, muscle soreness, ) I would like to quit taking the pill. Does nicotine really stay in your system for 4 weeks?

Last edited by dobie57; 02-12-2007 at 09:15 AM.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

dobie57,
It takes 3 days, 72 hours for the nicotine to leave your system. I took the Chantix for the full 3 months. Call your doctor about the side effects you are having. It may be that you need to cut back on your dosage. I've posted before how I cut back on the nausea......cut the blue pill in half and take 1/2 pill 4 time daily, breakfast, lunch, supper, bed. It cut my nausea in half and I was able to continue taking it. And oh yeah, did I have gas!! I could toot a tune. Didn't have the sore muscles.

Good Luck to you!

Memaw

Old 02-14-2007, 07:08 AM   #6
(female)

dobie57 HB User

Thanks Memaw for the info I will check to see if that is OK to do.
To all the Chantix veterans when do you get your energy back. I don't know if its the Chantix or the nicotine withdrawal but I think I could sleep the day away.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:16 AM   #7
(female)

dobie57 HB User

Thanks Memaw for the info. I will check with my Dr. and also make sure I'm drinking enough water.
Also you Chantix veterans when did you get your energy back. I don't know if its the Chantix or the nicotine withdrawal but I think I could sleep the day away.
11 days smoke free, never thought I would be able to quit!!!

Old 02-14-2007, 07:18 AM   #8
(female)

chantypals HB User

Just remember two things.......each month/insurance is different. I was told my insurance wouldn't cover it and pharmacy submitted anyway. Insurance paid all but $40 for the first two months and then all but $5 my last month.

Also remember that you would have spent the same amount if not more on cigarettes and the cost is just a temporary thing.

Good luck to you!!

Old 02-14-2007, 08:04 AM   #9
(female)

Karen1711 HB User

Thanks, Chantypals. That would be nice if the refill would be cheaper. I have toyed with the idea of not getting a refill, $100 is a lot of money for a prescription...at least to me. However, it would be horrible if the cravings came back without it. Yes, I certainly would have paid more for cigarettes..especially since they just raised the price to $10 more for a carton. The increase was another added incentive to quit smoking.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobie57 View Post
Also you Chantix veterans when did you get your energy back. I don't know if its the Chantix or the nicotine withdrawal but I think I could sleep the day away.
11 days smoke free, never thought I would be able to quit!!!
dobie,
That tired feeling is from both nicotine withdrawal and also the Chantix. After a couple of weeks it should get better. I think I slept when I wasn't doing anything else. And I slept for about 18 hours a day on week ends. At least I wasn't wanting a cigarette when I was sleeping. I had to make myself get up and do my work. Then I'd plop down and sleep. I finally had to make myself get up and exercise. I started feeling better then. Your body is adjusting to being without the nicotine and all those chemicals you've been putting in it. It will get better. Promise.

Memaw

Old 02-18-2007, 07:59 AM   #11
(female)

Karen1711 HB User

Got my refill yesterday and it was the same price. Chantix is selling like hot cakes! Actually had to wait an extra day to get my refill until they got some more in. The pharmacist recommended that I stay on it for the full 12 weeks. He also said it's a good idea to wean yourself off by taking a lower dosage toward the end of the 12 weeks.

Now smoke free for a week and feeling better and better! Someone at work actually offered me a cigarette...can you believe how tacky? That's like offering an alcoholic a drink and saying just one won't hurt.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:06 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1711 View Post
Now smoke free for a week and feeling better and better!
Yeah, you are a quitter Karen!! Keep up the great work!

Old 02-18-2007, 09:39 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1711 View Post
Now smoke free for a week and feeling better and better! Someone at work actually offered me a cigarette...can you believe how tacky? That's like offering an alcoholic a drink and saying just one won't hurt.
Karen,
Has it been a week already? Wow. You're doing so good. Glad you're feeling better.

I can't believe someone would offer you a cigarette!!
They must be jealous of the fact that you quit and they can't get up the nerve to quit. I hope this was not a friend. That was just mean spirited. Some people just hate to see others succeed. These people are usually failures themselves. Guess we ought to feel sorry for them. I hope you told them that you'd pray for them!!

Keep up the good work!

Memaw

Old 02-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

You all know that I didn't use Chantix, I've whined enough about it on here ... I was wondering how the monthly price of Chantix compared to how much you were all spending on cigarettes every month? Less? More?

Old 02-19-2007, 09:57 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Traveller,
My insurance did not cover the cost of the Chantix. It cost me about $125 a month. My doctor gave me my first month's supply and I bought the next 2 months. I figured it up and I was spending about $90 a month on cigarettes at that time. So for about $70 I was able to quit smoking for good. Well worth the price!!

Memaw

Closed Thread