It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 10:12 PM   #31
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User
Re: Post here if you don't want a cigarette (or nicotine) today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangojunky View Post
My attitude, aside from "smoking is not an option" is
"smoking will NOT fix my problems" - I need to remember this and keep repeating it, because it is true!
It won't solve my problems, or make them disappear. It won't make me feel better.

Today is day 8 and it would seem my lungs are ready to get rid of some crap....I was coughing so hard I almost threw up. Anyone out there experience this?
deb
Hi Deb!!
Oh! I love it!! "Smoking will NOT fix my problems"
It is so true. We all have to find new ways to deal with our problems now. We can't postpone them by stopping and smoking any longer.
What I do is stop and
a) get me something to drink b) eat an apple or orange or peanuts
c) get on the air walker for a few minutes.
By doing these things it helps me to stop and think about what my problem is and maybe come up with a solution.
About the coughing.......Oh yeah!! I coughed up all kinds of gunk.
I'm still clearing my lungs. Every so often some stuff will come up. I don't know how long it takes to clear them out. I need to find that out.
You are doing super in your quit. Day 8 is wonderful.
Keep it up.

Memaw

Old 02-28-2007, 12:23 AM   #32
(female)

wailana HB User

I don't want nicotine in my body now or ever! I'm still in a fog, though. Little more energy and still really tired. I'm still getting up in the middle night. No coughing up anything yet. I love coming on this board after a long day. It's so inspiring...

Wailana - Free and Healing for Nineteen Days, 12 Hours and 35 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 16 Hours, by avoiding the use of 195 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $50.61.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2007, 12:37 AM   #33
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wailana View Post
I don't want nicotine in my body now or ever! I'm still in a fog, though. Little more energy and still really tired. I'm still getting up in the middle night. No coughing up anything yet. I love coming on this board after a long day. It's so inspiring...

Wailana - Free and Healing for Nineteen Days, 12 Hours and 35 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 16 Hours, by avoiding the use of 195 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $50.61.
wailana,
19 days is really awesome!! You are doing so good. The fog should be lifting pretty soon. You should also have a little more energy shortly. It takes about a month or so after you quit. Try some light exercise. That should help pull your energy level up. Don't know what to tell ya about getting up in the middle of the night. I've been doing that for years!! If I were to ever again sleep for 8 straight hours, I don't know how I'd act.
Keep it up!! You're doing soooooo good!!

Memaw

Old 02-28-2007, 03:44 AM   #34
(female)

mangojunky HB User

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!

Just think - we are actually doing it! Sometimes I have to stop and think about how worried I was about having to quit - and now, I am doing it and am so excited not to be smoking!

GO US!
deb

Old 02-28-2007, 07:24 PM   #35
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

I did not want a cigarette today!!

Congrats to all the quitters! It's sleep time for me, I was shopping for hours today... I am tired. But a good tired!

Sweet dreams all... st and dltbbb!!

Old 03-01-2007, 12:25 AM   #36
(female)

wailana HB User

I choose to not have nicotine in my system today and everyday after that! Great job everyone!!!

Wailana - Free and Healing for Twenty Days and 11 Hours, while extending my life expectancy 17 Hours, by avoiding the use of 205 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $53.03.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:25 AM   #37
(female)

mangojunky HB User

Wailana - 20 days - WOOO HOOOO!! Still eating those peanut butter cookies?

Memaw - I have found that having an apple or banana in the car helps - I also have some lollipops. The time of day that is toughest (and it's not that tough anymore...) is at night..... I just do my best to keep busy, or I end up eating and eating. It's better than smoking and smoking though!

I DO NOT want a disgusting, stinky, cancer causing cig today!
deb

Old 03-01-2007, 04:43 AM   #38
(female)

paulagizmo HB User

This might sound silly and I'm not sure if I read this idea here or in Allen Carr's book but a tip when you're driving: put the radio on and sing -- I don't mean that lame voice that used to accompany the radio in between puffs, I mean, ALL OUT SING (like LaKisha on American Idol). Even if you don't have a voice like me (monotone), it's awesome----not only are you singing in a way you never could while also having a cigarette, I find it almost stress releasing!

Old 03-01-2007, 05:42 AM   #39
(female)

mangojunky HB User

Paula - I have been doing that in the mornings.....I find a fun cd, crank it up and sing - it does feel great!
deb

Old 03-01-2007, 10:40 AM   #40
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User
Unhappy Re: Post here if you don't want a cigarette (or nicotine) today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulagizmo View Post
This might sound silly and I'm not sure if I read this idea here or in Allen Carr's book but a tip when you're driving: put the radio on and sing -- I don't mean that lame voice that used to accompany the radio in between puffs, I mean, ALL OUT SING (like LaKisha on American Idol). Even if you don't have a voice like me (monotone), it's awesome----not only are you singing in a way you never could while also having a cigarette, I find it almost stress releasing!
You are so right about the singing Paula. Evidently singing releases happy hormones
Did you know that Alan Carr died recently of lung cancer. Learning this news saddened me because his dedication was just mindblowing

Old 03-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #41
(female)

Skimmer HB User

OMG - I sing in the car all the time - and then I think, What an idiot I must look like. Because I've seen people before singing and dancing in the car, all by themselves. But you know what? Who cares!! Pick your favorite Rolling Stones, Credence, Chili Pepper or Kelly Clarkson CD and sing away.....

Old 03-01-2007, 01:27 PM   #42
(female)

paulagizmo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Brit View Post
You are so right about the singing Paula. Evidently singing releases happy hormones
Did you know that Alan Carr died recently of lung cancer. Learning this news saddened me because his dedication was just mindblowing
Yes I had heard that even before I bought the book but at least he had 20+ years of 'life'. He had a bunch of other 'self help' books out too. He really helped a lot of people

Old 03-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #43
(female)

LucyRoberts HB User

Today was my official quit Day. However I gave an almost full pack of smokes to my BIL who was visiting yesterday and didn't look back.

In 35 more minutes I will have officially went without a cigarette for 24 hours!

I have never willingly done that before! I am so frickin excited.

And to stay on topic with this thread, NO I DO NOT WANT A CIGARETTE!!! EVER!

Old 03-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #44
(female)

tampaquit HB User

SEEEEE????? Aren't you so proud of yourself!!!!!!!! It is a LONG 24 hours, and trust me when I tell you, the second and third and so on are easier every single day!!! Woo Hoo! Congratulations!!!!! Keep on postin'

Old 03-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #45
(female)

wailana HB User

Aloha Deb...yup, I'm still eating the peanut butter cookies and I added ice cream from Coldstone (brownie and cake batter)...yummy!

Lucyroberts: Contrats on your quitting! Keep it up and keep coming to the board.

No nicotine for me today!

Wailana - Free and Healing for Twenty One Days, 9 Hours and 30 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 17 Hours, by avoiding the use of 214 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $55.47.

Closed Thread