HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Smoking Cessation (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/smoking-cessation/)
-   -   Post here if you don't want a cigarette (or nicotine) today! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/smoking-cessation/474862-post-here-if-you-dont-want-cigarette-nicotine-today.html)

SanyBelle 02-24-2007 08:29 AM

Post here if you don't want a cigarette (or nicotine) today!

I [I]don't[/I] want a cigarette today, anyone else? I'll read this post when I get back from the beach. :) :p :wave:

I hope to see alot of replies! Good luck to all the quitters out here! :blob_fire

Karen1711 02-24-2007 09:06 AM

Re: Post here if you don't want a cigarette (or nicotine) today!

NO! I DO NOT want a cigarette today or any other day! I am a non smoker for almost 2 weeks...tomorrow! Yay!:D

Great thread!:bouncing:

Karen

Grehound27 02-24-2007 10:38 AM

[QUOTE=Karen1711;2818904]NO! I DO NOT want a cigarette today or any other day! I am a non smoker for almost 2 weeks...tomorrow! Yay!:D

Great thread!:bouncing:

Karen[/QUOTE]

No I do not want a cigarette, today, yesterday or tomorrow (lots of tomorrows). :p

Dave SmokeFree since 2/9/06 :bouncing:

wailana 02-24-2007 12:43 PM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]My name is Wailana. I'm Free and Healing for Sixteen Days and 11 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 13 Hours, by avoiding the use of 160 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $41.49.

I'm a non smoker!! Yipee!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

SanyBelle 02-24-2007 12:57 PM

[QUOTE=Karen1711;2818904]Great thread!:bouncing:

Karen[/QUOTE]Are we twins? I didn't even read your answer here and I posted almost the same thing in your new thread! LOL

By the way, it was cold at the beach today, 71 degrees with a fairly strong wind. I had to cover myself with my towel the whole time I was there. :eek:

Skimmer 02-24-2007 03:53 PM

Okay - do I want one? Or need one? No, but do I crave one? YES! I haven't been 24 hour since quitting yet - and we went boating today - and I drank 3 beers, so, yes I could use one, that's what we did!! Boating, and smoking and drinking! But I'm doing good - I don't feel like I HAVE to HAVE one - I'm fine. My hubby is a little snippy at me - but that's okay too... We clean up the back porch today, and I did 3 loads of laundry, and cleaned out his "smoker" car - OMG - that was a mess. You wouldn't believe all the places ashes go in a car!! Anyway, we're doing good - one more hour and I'll be 24 hrs smoke free! WOOO HOOO!! I know I have a long way to go, but it's a good start,

Karen1711 02-24-2007 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=Skimmer;2819438]Okay - do I want one? Or need one? No, but do I crave one? YES! I haven't been 24 hour since quitting yet - and we went boating today - and I drank 3 beers, so, yes I could use one, that's what we did!! Boating, and smoking and drinking! But I'm doing good - I don't feel like I HAVE to HAVE one - I'm fine. My hubby is a little snippy at me - but that's okay too... We clean up the back porch today, and I did 3 loads of laundry, and cleaned out his "smoker" car - OMG - that was a mess. You wouldn't believe all the places ashes go in a car!! Anyway, we're doing good - one more hour and I'll be 24 hrs smoke free! WOOO HOOO!! I know I have a long way to go, but it's a good start,[/QUOTE]

Congratulations!:bouncing: You're doing great..it's all one step at a time. Keeping busy does help a lot. We're here for you and time will pass before you know it.:wave:

Skimmer 02-24-2007 05:00 PM

Thanks Karen - I can't wait for the day when I can say I'm 6 months smoke-free!!

Karen1711 02-24-2007 06:01 PM

[QUOTE=Skimmer;2819565]Thanks Karen - I can't wait for the day when I can say I'm 6 months smoke-free!![/QUOTE]

Oh, me too, Skimmer! I think we'll make it to 6 months and then a year and so on. Chantix is like a miracle to me because it seems like I didn't have to have any willpower. This is the first time that I've quit that I haven't searched the house and car for cigarette butts to smoke...so disgusting.:mad: I always reasoned that they didn't count as really smoking because they were already smoked..pretty dumb, huh? Lol, I can even remember looking longingly at the butts in public ash trays and wanting to smoke one. How sick is that? :D

Everyone keep up the good work! We can do it!:bouncing:

Karen(1 week, 6 days, 10 hours, 38 min=smoke free :D)

tampaquit 02-24-2007 06:15 PM

OK Karen1711, I am laughing out loud about checking the public ashtrays for butts. I was thinking today of digging the butts out of the garbage can that I threw away, BUT I DIDN'T. But it was funny, I went to the grocery today and there must be a smoking area out front because I could smell it as soon as I walked through. But it was like hyper-smell, and really disgusting. I think I saw someone else say that too.

Skimmer 02-24-2007 06:17 PM

Karen:

You are farther along than me with a week under your belt, but I'll get there, I'm right behind you. Today marks my first smoke-free day - 13 hours so far - I know it's far from a week, but I'll get there. Chantix is the wonder drug! I feel good - cept for some mild nausea even when taken with food and water, but no vomiting - just a second or two of "I don't feel so good." then it passes. And one night of insomnia. I'm doing great! So far so good!!

Good for you - one week is awesome!! :)

Karen1711 02-24-2007 06:38 PM

[QUOTE=tampaquit;2819692]OK Karen1711, I am laughing out loud about checking the public ashtrays for butts. I was thinking today of digging the butts out of the garbage can that I threw away, BUT I DIDN'T. But it was funny, I went to the grocery today and there must be a smoking area out front because I could smell it as soon as I walked through. But it was like hyper-smell, and really disgusting. I think I saw someone else say that too.[/QUOTE]

Tampaquit, I guess we have to be honest here,...I did dig in the garbage, LOL.:D Good for you that you didn't.:) I know what you mean about the smell. Now that I'm not smoking I can only describe it as a sort of icky heavy odor. I think we're less likely to smoke since we are so affected by the smell.

Skimmer, that nausea will pass. I also get nauseated if I don't eat enough before I take the pill. No other side effects except I think I'm eating more....you gotta have something.:p Guess I missed out on those wonderful dreams some of the others have talked about.

SanyBelle 02-24-2007 07:58 PM

[QUOTE=tampaquit;2819692]But it was funny, I went to the grocery today and there must be a smoking area out front because I could smell it as soon as I walked through. But it was like hyper-smell, and really disgusting.[/QUOTE]tampaquit, your sense of smell came back very fast!! I can't stand walking by one of those outside ashtrays now, they are so smelly! And I can smell someone smoking 25 feet away, it's nuts that my sense of smell improved so much.

How are you doing today? It's your first day, right? Good luck and congratulations!!! :blob_fire

Traveller - smoke free since 05/13/06 :wave:

Deda 02-24-2007 11:30 PM

[I]Traveller - smoke free since 05/13/06 :wave:[/I]

[COLOR="Blue"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Traveller...you go girl...I didn't realize it had been so long since you quit! Hooray for you!

Want a cigarette....or nicotine?? I shall say not! ;) Not now, not never.... not forever...I think even if they allow us one in the after-life, I'll turn it down! LOL :nono: And I don't want anybody's 2nd hand smoke either, thank you very much! LOL Smoking sucks...so much! I hate cigarette smoke! (wow, can't believe this is coming outta my mouth, as I used to LOVE em so much!)

Skimmer...best of luck with your quit...you sound like you have such a great attitude, there's no way you'll fail. We'll see you here making announcements in a month, 6 months, 1 year, etc.,... just keep all of those positive thoughts going, and eliminate any negative thoughts if they happen to come along, ASAP! :P GOOD LUCK !!!!!

Karen....I laugh whenever I'm reminded about "digging up butts". I remember (years ago, during many of my failed quits), and vowing not to smoke a whole day, and by night time, there I was,....in the trash can outside, [after getting all I could out of the kitchen trash] diving in head first! Eww gross..huh?! And if I found one longer than an inch of so, boy was I excited!! [B]Insanity!! [/B]Like a freakin crack addict, ya know? :eek:

Good idea Traveller...you got everyone talkin'. :) And sorry the beach was too cold at 70....wind ruins everything sometimes, huh? We're having rain right now, after so long without it, it was looking like another drought. I can't wait for summer! I'm a summer girl all the way...and I hate this freaking cold, wet stuff! Supposed to go to N. C. to visit our daughter next month....I hope it will be warmer by then.

Happy Sunday, all of you [very smart] non smokers!
Deda
Happy ex-smoker x 3.5 years...almost :wave: [/FONT][/COLOR]

MellieMel 02-25-2007 12:02 AM

[QUOTE=Skimmer;2819438]Okay - do I want one? Or need one? No, but do I crave one? YES! I haven't been 24 hour since quitting yet - and we went boating today - and I drank 3 beers, so, yes I could use one, that's what we did!! Boating, and smoking and drinking! But I'm doing good - I don't feel like I HAVE to HAVE one - I'm fine. My hubby is a little snippy at me - but that's okay too... We clean up the back porch today, and I did 3 loads of laundry, and cleaned out his "smoker" car - OMG - that was a mess. You wouldn't believe all the places ashes go in a car!! Anyway, we're doing good - one more hour and I'll be 24 hrs smoke free! WOOO HOOO!! I know I have a long way to go, but it's a good start,[/QUOTE]

Great job! I'm at two weeks w/no tobacco today, and yet I want it and don't want it at the same time. Keep up the good work, the cravings will go away, i'm amazed so far at my own willpower, you'll do great, I know it!