It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
(female)

LucyRoberts HB User
"You're getting sleepy.. Very, Very, Sleepy..."

I keep hearing about all the insomnia issues people keep having with the Chantix. I ain't seeing it! I want to sleep morning, noon and night. I want to invent an NEW time of day just so I could sleep through it also! Alas I am too tired to go to all the trouble of inventing anything at this point in time.

Anyone else in the sleepy boat with me?

Two days, 55 minutes and 3 seconds. 71 cigarettes not smoked, saving $14.27. Life saved: 5 hours, 55 minutes.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
(female)

LucyRoberts HB User
Re: "You're getting sleepy.. Very, Very, Sleepy..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by delighted View Post
LOL! I felt like I was under water for the first few weeks on Chantix - actually a great feeling. Very calm. Just sleepy. Now, after 45 days, I still feel sleepy sometimes but i also know that I wasn't sleeping well the last days of smoking so I'm not that bothered. Have you had the dreams yet??
I started having the dreams on I think my second night. They are wild and amazing for ure. I've went fom being a staffer on the oprah Winfrey show to being romanced by a French God named Remy who spent hours searching Paris high and low for my perfect shampoo. Of course there was the one night that Harry Potter and Pichachu combined powers to produce such a horrendous fart that it took out the entire Chinese Army. Whew! What nights I have been having!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

LucyRoberts,
I was very sleepy at first. I slept for the first week or so about 12 hour a day and wanted to sleep more!!
I never did have the dreams!! Sounds like a new movie each night.
You're doing so good. Two days down!! A lifetime to go!!
Keep it up!!

Memaw

Old 03-03-2007, 03:43 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User

Sleepiness could be yet another nicotine withdrawal symptom due to a sudden shortage of adrenalin being triggered when you quit. I gave in to sleeping 12 hours a night for the first month but now I walk, cycle, dance and sing in the bath and feel really energised. Chantix also seems to reduce anxiety and perhaps over relax a little. Fear not!! Big hits of energy will be coming your way soon

Old 03-04-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
(female)

Trish M&M HB User

Hi Lucy: In the beginning, I was just like you described. It last about 11 days. I decided that I wasn't smoking 'cause I wasn't awake long enough But...it passed after that 11th day. I'm sleeping really well...feel so rested when I wake. I've always dreamed, so nothing new there. Still dreaming and having a good time in them. Thursday night, dreamed I'd won a million dollar lottery!

Old 03-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #6
(female)

freeforme HB User

LOL. I had a dream last night that Madonna babysat my daughter and Quenn Latifa, not sure of spelling, was going to come over the next night, LOLOLOL

Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #7
(female)

Joryzmom HB User

lol I dreamed one night that my Brad Pitt look a like brother and his Angelina Jolie wife, with my neice, were moving in with my family until they could get back on there feet. Then a friend (Ashton Kutcher) wanted to move in with us too. My husband didn't want him to but I felt really sorry for him. lol
Then I looked in the mirror and I looked like I did 20 years ago, but with a lot better hair.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #8
(female)

LucyRoberts HB User

LOL! @ ALL!

We should all get together and write the "Chantix Users guide to dreams". Sounds like everyone is having a blast during the nocturnal hours.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #9
(female)

LucyRoberts HB User

Quote:
LOL..Last night I walked down the Red Carpet to accept my Oscar..only problem was that my friends were in the audience and not the expected stars...I kept shooing them away and trying to get to Harvey Keitel!!! PS I looked great...Harvey, not so much..

ROFLMAO@ Harvey Keitel! At least you were clothed right?

Old 03-05-2007, 04:12 PM   #10
(female)

LucyRoberts HB User

Quote:
Yeah, but HE wasn't. It wasn't pretty.

Lordy, lordy..... whew!

Old 03-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #11
(female)

tampaquit HB User

OK this is hysterical! I'm cracking up out loud. "And the Chantix Oscar goes to____"

Old 03-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #12
(female)

LucyRoberts HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaquit View Post
OK this is hysterical! I'm cracking up out loud. "And the Chantix Oscar goes to____"

I know huh? I've been waiting for a thread like this to pop up. Definately brings some much needed humor to this tough time in our lives.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #13
(female)

wailana HB User

Those are some awesome dreams on the Chantix. I didn't take Chantix so no really good dreams. I really like your dream, delighted. Who wouldn't want to accept an Oscar. Anyways. I haven't had too many dreams that I remember. I pretty much are zonkers. Most nights I get up around 2 or 3ish in the morning.
Anyways, everyone is doing a great job...keep it up!

Wailana - Free and Healing for Twenty Five Days, 8 Hours and 13 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 21 Hours, by avoiding the use of 253 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $65.71.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:11 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

How come I didn't get the dreams as a side effect?!
Nooooo, I had constipation and gas!!!!
I'm jealous!! I want to go to the movies everynight too!!

Memaw

Old 03-06-2007, 03:17 AM   #15
(female)

mangojunky HB User

What a riot!! Maybe tonight I can dream about Sam Elliott!

I have had some interesting dreams, but what gets me is that they seem so real....When I wake up, I really have to wonder if those things happened - especially if I smoked in my dream....

deb

Closed Thread