It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
(female)

mangojunky HB User
tough day

I've had a tough day - cranky and sad that I can't smoke......tired.....
eating lots......I know things will get better, and I'll be damned if I smoke again.
Anyone out there have days like these?
deb

Old 03-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
(female)

LucyRoberts HB User
Re: tough day

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangojunky View Post
I've had a tough day - cranky and sad that I can't smoke......tired.....
eating lots......I know things will get better, and I'll be damned if I smoke again.
Anyone out there have days like these?
deb
Sorry to hear it Mango.

I hear there are going to be tough days. I love our miracle drug, but if only we could erase the memories of how good a smoke felt, eh?

Hang tough my friend, you are doing great. I almost caved myself today, but just as I was walking outside to light up the phone rang. Whew! Saved by the bell!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
I've had a tough day - cranky and sad that I can't smoke......tired.....eating lots......
Yes Deb, I've had days like this.... they will go away, but don't be surprised to have one or two even at nine months.... I know I still have them now and then!

Old 03-03-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Deb,
Bless your heart!! I'm so sorry you had a bad day. Yeah, we've all had them after we quit. They're the pits. That's just old nicodemon trying to get to you. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Please don't be sad that you can't smoke. You're really not losing something by quitting smoking. You're gaining your health back, your gaining your freedom back, your gaining a better life for yourself. When you start feeling like you did today, come to this board and read what everyone has been saying. Reread some of your own posts. Post like you did, but really complain about how rotten you are feeling. It does help!!

Okay, now, LucyRoberts, what are you doing with cigarettes still in the house? If they are gonna be a temptation for you, you've got to get rid of them. Throw them away!! Don't you mess up your quit by thinking you can smoke one. Have I told you what the motto is?.....Smoking is no longer an option!! Now repeat that until you believe it.
Congratulations on not smoking today!!

Memaw

Old 03-04-2007, 12:01 AM   #5
(female)

wailana HB User

Aloha Deb!
I had that day yesterday (Friday). It was really bad. I was remembering how I felt when I smoked (of course I was brainwashed and the cig was ruining my health) but anyways. Friday, I really missed it.

Hang in there Deb, we need to keep moving forward. You're doing such an awesome job already of keeping off the nicotine! You go girl!!

Wailana - Free and Healing for Twenty Three Days, 12 Hours and 17 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 19 Hours, by avoiding the use of 235 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $60.96.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:30 AM   #6
(female)

mangojunky HB User

Lucy- thanks for the lift! how many days quit are you?

Traveller - I expect that ocassionally it will be rough - I have also cut back on the chantix - and I am still sleep deprived - a lethal combination!
Keep up the great work!

Memaw - your words are true - and even as I was thinking how sad I was that I couldn't smoke, I was thinking "how stupid is that"?? What is so great about smoking?!?!?!?!? I know it's my body/mind not wanting to let go, but I painted later in the day (walls) and that was great therapy.

Wailana - Aloha!!! I'm sorry you had a tough day on Friday, but very proud you made it through - you are tough, and have a great attitude! Hope yesterday was a better day for you.

I WILL have a better day - it's day 13 for me! One more day and I'll hit the 2 week mark. Granted, it's felt like a year

thanks everyone for making me feel better,
deb

Old 03-04-2007, 08:04 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User
Thumbs up Re: tough day

Mangojunky
Have you tried Serotone HTP for sleep problems. Take 100mg at bedtime for a sleep aid and mood enhancer. I bought some in my health food shop and have felt in a much better mood since. Apparently it acts some of the bits of the brain that nicotine is currently causing havoc with.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:16 AM   #8
(female)

LucyRoberts HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaw649 View Post
Deb,

Okay, now, LucyRoberts, what are you doing with cigarettes still in the house? If they are gonna be a temptation for you, you've got to get rid of them. Throw them away!! Don't you mess up your quit by thinking you can smoke one. Have I told you what the motto is?.....Smoking is no longer an option!! Now repeat that until you believe it.
Congratulations on not smoking today!!

Memaw

::Sigh:::

I had originally given all my smokes to my brother in law. When I had the smokes in the house, I had no problem not smoking them! The night I gave them to him, I had an anxiety attack... chest got tight, couldn't breathe and bawled my eyes out! Since I was technically only on day 6 of the Chantix, I went and bought a pack. I didn't smoke one though. Just knowing that I had them in my reach was enough? How weird is that? I had only been tempted to light one that one time. It was a tough day, we were waiting for the resulsts of my husbands nursing boards (he passed!) and it was also my first Saturday home with the kids by myself. ( 6 year old twins and a 5 yr old). I came through though thank god, and no lapses yet!

Three days, 16 hours, 17 minutes and 39 seconds. 128 cigarettes not smoked, saving $25.75. Life saved: 10 hours, 40 minutes.

Last edited by LucyRoberts; 03-04-2007 at 08:18 AM.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #9
(female)

tampaquit HB User

Congrats LucyRoberts! You are past the hardest couple of days and it will get easier and easier!

Mangojunky, how are you doing today? I hope better and it is another day further and further from being a smoker. Woo hoo!

Old 03-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Lucy,
It is not weird at all to want to have the cigs around after you quit. I kept an open pack in plain view for 1 month after I smoked my last one. BUT I was never tempted even once to get one and smoke one. But just knowing they were there was all I needed. Some people absolutely cannot do this. It is just too much for them.
Tell your hubby congrats on passing the nursing exam!!
You are 3 days quit!!! Way to go!! You're doing it. You're on your way to becoming a non smoker!! Good Going!!

Memaw

Old 03-05-2007, 03:44 AM   #11
(female)

mangojunky HB User

Well, Sunday was another tough day - I think mostly because of stress around the house ( I won't get into it, but sometimes I wonder if I am in the right kind of relationship for me). I was tired, cranky, and jonesing for a smoke (only in my mind). So - I got off my butt, and ran some errands, went to the gym, and I felt much better! Today is a new day!

How are you doing Lucy?

deb
13 days FREE, 130 cigs not smoked!

Old 03-05-2007, 07:35 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Well, Sunday was another tough day ...deb
13 days FREE, 130 cigs not smoked!
Yeah deb, you got through another day!! Keep defeating that nicodemon!!!

Old 03-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #13
(male)

Kevin__ HB User

Congratulations on your quit Lucy!!! Three days into your quit is absolutely awesome!!!

Please come back and visit often, especially when things start to feel crazy. We've all been there. Oh boy, six Y/O twins and a five Y/O. Smoking is definitely no longer an option...

Hang in there Lucy, I've a feeling you're going to be a real success story. Especially when it comes to this quit.

Kevin__

Closed Thread