It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
(female)

freeforme HB User
The Dreaded Day 3

Hello Everyone, just wanted you all to know I am on day 3 smoke free and was scared since I had read so many post about day 3 being hard. So far, day 3 has been the easiest for me, not easy, but easier than the past 2 days. My appetitie has increased but I would gladly put on an extra 6-10lbs to break these habit. Just wanted to post a short note to let you all know I appreciate the support and all the insight you have given me. Oh, have to tell ya'll (for those of you living up north that would be you guys, hehe) , last night as I was going to bed, I could actually smell my shampoo/conditioner on my pillow case and it smelt so clean and fresh-it was sooooooooooo nice

Old 03-07-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

arlmon18 HB User
Re: The Dreaded Day 3

I'm only on day 1 (it's not over yet)! - so glad to read that day 3 is not so awful for you. I just wish I could stop thinking about wanting a cigarette. But it's true - I can't remember the last time I smelled my shampoo on my pillow case. My husband doesn't smoke and he can't tolerate the smell.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #3
(female)

LucyRoberts HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeforme View Post
Hello Everyone, just wanted you all to know I am on day 3 smoke free and was scared since I had read so many post about day 3 being hard. So far, day 3 has been the easiest for me, not easy, but easier than the past 2 days. My appetitie has increased but I would gladly put on an extra 6-10lbs to break these habit. Just wanted to post a short note to let you all know I appreciate the support and all the insight you have given me. Oh, have to tell ya'll (for those of you living up north that would be you guys, hehe) , last night as I was going to bed, I could actually smell my shampoo/conditioner on my pillow case and it smelt so clean and fresh-it was sooooooooooo nice
You go! Day 3 was easier for me also. It is getting better and better every day! I love the new sense of smell also.

Nicodemon free for: Six days, 19 hours, 45 minutes and 15 seconds. 238 cigarettes not smoked, saving $47.76. Life saved: 19 hours, 50 minutes.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
(female)

freeforme HB User

On day one, I literally could not stop thinking about it for even a few seconds. Yesterday was better, and today even better. I think if we can keep telling ourselves that the "withdrawal" symptoms we will experience the first few days only last a minute or two and then there gone. Everyone keeps saying to drink lots of water to help flush out your system. I have been taking the advice and I am actually getting to where I enjoy water. ( I am a a major Coke and Dr. Pepper drinker) so for me it's almost like I am kicking two habits in one Hang in there, I promise it gets better

Old 03-07-2007, 12:15 PM   #5
(female)

LucyRoberts HB User

Quote:
On day one, I literally could not stop thinking about it for even a few seconds. Yesterday was better, and today even better. I think if we can keep telling ourselves that the "withdrawal" symptoms we will experience the first few days only last a minute or two and then there gone. Everyone keeps saying to drink lots of water to help flush out your system. I have been taking the advice and I am actually getting to where I enjoy water. ( I am a a major Coke and Dr. Pepper drinker) so for me it's almost like I am kicking two habits in one Hang in there, I promise it gets better
How funny! I am a big time water drinker, but the Chantix is making my water taste like poo!

Cranberry juice is also really good for flushing out the system also!

Old 03-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
(female)

freeforme HB User

It's very interesting to see how Chantix is affecting different people but it seems it is doing the most important thing and that is making us NOT WANT TO SMOKE, YEAH.

Lucy, just curious where is Freedom?

Old 03-07-2007, 12:20 PM   #7
(female)

paulagizmo HB User

That's great news that you're getting through Day 3. As far as constant thoughts of cigarettes, they really do get fewer and far between. I do have 'thoughts' but they aren't as strong and don't last as long. I have gone 'hours' w/o thinking of them. Just keep up the good work and come here often.

Paula "I'm free: 3W/2D/18H"

Old 03-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #8
(female)

maryber HB User

Hi there, it is true, like paula said, the constant thought of cigarettes does get much less. I used to be a huge smoker in the car (yuk- it was so nice to clean out my car- ashes everywhere- gone now for good!) I used to immediately light up as soon as I got in the car, now.... I dont even think of it, at the end of my trip when I arrive home, I think to myself "wow, I didnt even think of it or miss it".

freeforme, congrats on day 3!

mary
I have been quit for 1 Month, 22 hours, 41 minutes and 31 seconds (28 days). I have saved $119.39 by not smoking 434 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 12 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 2/6/2007 5:15 PM

Old 03-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #9
(female)

freeforme HB User

Amen to not having the ashes in your car. My husband is a "total neat freak" when it come to HIS car and I asked him why he never cleaned my car and he told me becuase I smoked in it SO, now that I am not smoking, I am going to make him Clean out my car, maybe even wax it for me, this weekend. We will see what his reponse is now, LOL. I figured that would be a nice treat to myself, have him clean my car for me, don't you agree, haha.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
(female)

LucyRoberts HB User

Quote:
It's very interesting to see how Chantix is affecting different people but it seems it is doing the most important thing and that is making us NOT WANT TO SMOKE, YEAH.

Lucy, just curious where is Freedom?

LOL Well Freedom is in my head. from the smokes. But my head resides in Oklahoma! It would rather be in Texas though.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #11
(female)

freeforme HB User

I was just in OK at Turner Falls, very nice!!!!! I was thinking I would rather be in OK, LOL.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #12
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Congrats Lucy, Mary & Freeform!! You guys are all doing great with your quits.

It does get easier and easier, and I am only into my 2nd week - will be 2 weeks on Friday. I have not taken a Chantix in 2 days either, and I feel just fine too. No cravings, no deep depressions, nothing! And I don't want to smoke either, so this is a great thing for me.....

Do not "dread" the coming days, look forward to them, each and every one of them, because you are now a NON-SMOKER and have a long life ahead of you.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Nico-Free for 1 week, 4 days, 22 hours, 39 minutes, 16 seconds

Old 03-07-2007, 04:18 PM   #13
(female)

maryber HB User

wow skimmer, you've stopped the chantix already? so, you only took one month? How come you stopped?
by the way congrats on one week, 4 days!

Old 03-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #14
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Hey Mary - I don't even think I took the whole month's worth. I didn't really intend to stop, but I forgot my second pill on Monday, then I didn't take one yesterday at all, nor today either. I don't like medicating when not necessary and I think I can do this from here on out. At least I hope so. I think it's more of a self-control thing at this point, since the nico is out of my system. I don't have the urge anymore, and have decided that I am going to be a non-smoker. I haven't really had any very stressful moments yet either, so we'll see. ONe day at a time. If I need to, I can always start taking the pills again, but I'm going to try and do without. I'm not a big medication person anyways.....

Old 03-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRoberts View Post
How funny! I am a big time water drinker, but the Chantix is making my water taste like poo!

Cranberry juice is also really good for flushing out the system also!
Lucy,
Water has always been my beverage of choice. But the whole time I was on the Chantix, I could not drink it!! I drank PowerAde and GaterAde mostly. And juices. Sometimes I could drink the water if I put some lemon in it. The water where I live is VERY good...as good as the bottled water that you buy. I even bought the bottled water to see if I could drink that! Nope!

Memaw

Closed Thread