It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

freeforme HB User
Checking In

Just checking in with everyone. I am now on Day 4 (still can't believe it) with no smokes. I can already tell a difference in the way I feel. I have so much more energy and it's nice to not have to worry about when I'm going to have to go outside to have that smoke. For some reason, late afternoon at work has been hard for me, but it passes pretty quick. I am thankfully working this weekend, so I won't be home with the temptation to want to smoke.

I have stopped nicotine for 3 days, 12 hours, 20 minutes and 22 seconds (3 days).

I've not smoked 70 death sticks, and saved $21.09.
I've saved 5 hours and 51 minutes of my life.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
(female)

paulagizmo HB User
Re: Checking In

Woo Hoo!!! A HUGE contrats to you! You have much to be proud of! Oh isn't it unbelievable how quickly we feel better?! I was so amazed! Remember, you've survived the first few dreaded days; each day will get easier and even in a dire moment, you can look back on these early accomplishments and use them as strength! Take a bow!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeforme View Post
Just checking in with everyone. I am now on Day 4 (still can't believe it) with no smokes. I can already tell a difference in the way I feel. I have so much more energy and it's nice to not have to worry about when I'm going to have to go outside to have that smoke. For some reason, late afternoon at work has been hard for me, but it passes pretty quick. I am thankfully working this weekend, so I won't be home with the temptation to want to smoke.

I have stopped nicotine for 3 days, 12 hours, 20 minutes and 22 seconds (3 days).

I've not smoked 70 death sticks, and saved $21.09.
I've saved 5 hours and 51 minutes of my life.
Congrats, you are a SUPERSTAR.We are proud of you.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #4
(male)

Kevin__ HB User

That's FANTASTIC news FreeForMe!!! Congratulations!!!

I'll bet you sure proud of yourself. That is quite an accomplishment. They say that quitting a nicotine addiction is one of the hardest things to do and YOU DID IT? Keep up the great work!!!

Kevin__

Old 03-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #5
(male)

CTYankee HB User

Congrats.......Keep it going

Old 03-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #6
(female)

freeforme HB User

Quick question for everyone, I have not taken my Chatix today but I am still feeling a bit sick to my stomach. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know if I'm getting sick with a bug or if it's still the medicine. Could be too, this medicine tends to consipapte you too, YEAH

Old 03-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
(female)

paulagizmo HB User

Quote:
Quick question for everyone, I have not taken my Chatix today but I am still feeling a bit sick to my stomach. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know if I'm getting sick with a bug or if it's still the medicine. Could be too, this medicine tends to consipapte you too, YEAH
Freeforme, Memaw has a detailed email concerning nicotine withdrawal symptoms but since she is celebrating her anniversary, I'll jump in on her behalf. Nausea is actually also a symptom of nicotine withdrawal! If you scan the posts, you should be able to find Memaw's post regarding Chantix effects which closely mirror withdrawal effects. Keep up the good work.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Congrats!!! Awesome job!! freeforme keep up the great job, before you know it it'll be 40 days!!

Old 03-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #9
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Congrats Freeform - the days seem to go by quicker the longer you're smoke free. Then you start thinking, okay, how many weekends I have gone without one. WOW! Good thing you're working this weekend, that should help you not thinking about it. It does get easier and easier with each passing day.

Tomorrow marks my 2 week quit date!! WOO HOO!! Sing with me, "I feeeeel goood...................like I knew that I would. I feel nice...............like sugar and spice."

Congrats and keep up the great work!

Old 03-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer View Post
Tomorrow marks my 2 week quit date!! WOO HOO!!
Wow, wasn't it just yesterday that I heard you say "I'm not quitting until Monday!!!" and then you quit the Friday before!! Awesome!!

Old 03-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #11
(female)

freeforme HB User

No, wasn't me, I quit on Monday but I am still proud to be a non-smoker) I even went to lunch today with a couple of smokers. The smell did not bother me yet, but I did not want one either. I am going to try not to take my Chantix today and see how I feel. I did not take on this morning and I don't feel so bad tonight so I may skip tonight too.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
I am going to try not to take my Chantix today and see how I feel. I did not take on this morning and I don't feel so bad tonight so I may skip tonight too.
freeforme, please, please don't get overconfident. I did that once 15 years ago and guess what? I continued smoking for the next 15 years and smoked more than I had when I first quit!! Good luck!!

Old 03-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #13
(female)

freeforme HB User

Thanks for the advice. The pills just make me feel so Yuck. I will still continue to take them, just thought I would not take one tonight. I will take one tomorrow morning as usual and continue on with them. Almost done with day 4, YAHOO

Old 03-08-2007, 08:11 PM   #14
(female)

LucyRoberts HB User

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. The pills just make me feel so Yuck. I will still continue to take them, just thought I would not take one tonight. I will take one tomorrow morning as usual and continue on with them. Almost done with day 4, YAHOO

NNNOOOOOOOOO! I skipped my last 2 morning doses and wanted a smoke so bad all day I almost caved. BLAH it sucked!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #15
(female)

MellieMel HB User

OMG, day four was soooo hard for me! Congratulations to you! Keep up the great work!

Closed Thread