It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 06:31 AM   #1
(female)

paulagizmo HB User
Cat Is Out of the Bag

Ok, so I haven't told anyone in work that I quit. I just figured 'who cares'?! Anyway, one of the guys started 6 mos. after me. On his interview, smoking came up and he's one of those 'reformed' smokers! We get along fine with the occasional 'anti smoking' comment.

We've had a recent rash of fires in my city and this work guy has been out this week at a seminar but we spoke yesterday on the phone and he asked about the most recnet fire and I was telling him I had driven by it this a.m. (Thursday) and swear I could still smell the 'fire' on me.

Okay, so now it's Fri. -- he's back in. He comes over this a.m. and the first words out of his mouth are You Smell Like Smoke! I almost lost it "YOU'RE FULL OF ****; I HAVEN'T SMOKED IN ALMOST A MONTH!!! Wow, was my blood boiling! Hee, he was talking about the HOUSE FIRE smoke. Geesh did I feel like a dummy! But we both had a good laugh out of it!

Last edited by paulagizmo; 03-09-2007 at 06:33 AM. Reason: typo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
(female)

mangojunky HB User
Re: Cat Is Out of the Bag

LOLOL

Paula - I ended up confessing to my co-workers and some of my friends. It was weird, but it was something I felt I needed to do. I needed to explain some behavior changes - tired, spacey, emotional....but I also wanted to be accountable to more people. And maybe to have more support. They were ALL suprised that I smoked, and would have never guessed it of me. It felt good to get rid of the guilt of keeping secrets from people I care about. ( I only work with 2 other people).

Keep up the GREAT work! Is it getting warmer in Boston?
deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2007, 07:05 AM   #3
(female)

paulagizmo HB User

Hi Deb,

For work, I donít know, I guess I just didnít feel it necessary. In the past week or so, I have come clean with other family & friends though. Now that I feel confident in my quit. I hate failing so for a while for me it was like the more people I tell the more I will have to tell when ďI fall off the wagonĒ. I donít feel like Iíll be falling anymore. Youíre right about the accountability and that is why I made sure my boyfriend and parents knew what date I was starting, etc. so there would be no easy way out!

Itís still very cold here. It was 6 this a.m. but is supposed to be warming up later and the w/e looks to be in high 40ís/low 50ís and warmer next week (thatís what theyíre saying which means about 10% chance). Hee, have you made the trip down yet? I suppose itís colder in ME so even if you came down during one of our frigid days youíre probably used to it!

Stay warm & smoke free and have a great w/e!

Old 03-09-2007, 09:14 AM   #4
(female)

mangojunky HB User

Hi Paula,
My trip is planned for the end of the month, so it should be much nicer!
ANOTHER treat to myself
deb

Old 03-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
(female)

paulagizmo HB User

Deb,

Oh yes it should be much nicer by then. So far the first 1/2 of the adage "in like a lion, out like a lamb" is holding true; let's hope the 2nd half stands up!

Have a great w/e!

Old 03-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User
Red face Re: Cat Is Out of the Bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangojunky View Post
LOLOL

Paula - I ended up confessing to my co-workers and some of my friends. It was weird, but it was something I felt I needed to do. I needed to explain some behavior changes - tired, spacey, emotional....but I also wanted to be accountable to more people. And maybe to have more support. They were ALL suprised that I smoked, and would have never guessed it of me. It felt good to get rid of the guilt of keeping secrets from people I care about. ( I only work with 2 other people).

Keep up the GREAT work! Is it getting warmer in Boston?
deb
You never know Deb, they might all be secret smokers and you jusr don't know it. I mean, who dares admit it these days

Old 03-09-2007, 01:12 PM   #7
(female)

mangojunky HB User

That's what my co-worker said. It's certainly nothing to be proud of, but I can appreciate how addictive it is.

I had lunch with an ex co-worker. She just started chantix! So we had a chat about that ...... I told her to check out the boards, hope she does.
deb

Old 03-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Paula,
That is so funny!!
Guess that was the guilt talking, huh?

Memaw

Old 03-10-2007, 06:50 AM   #9
(female)

paulagizmo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaw649 View Post
Paula,
That is so funny!!
Guess that was the guilt talking, huh?

Memaw
Hee! I don't know what it was but my bf/father got the hugest laugh out of it. My father made me recreate it this a.m. to show my mother!

I'm off on a Day trip with 4 friends (only 1 knows I've quit). I'm dying to see if the others notice.

Have a great we.

P.S. Congratulations to your granddaughter!

Closed Thread