It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 03:41 AM   #1
(female)

mangojunky HB User
how many cigs haven't you smoked?

I love looking at this number - sometimes I visualize an overflowing ashtray and think GROSS - how glad am I that I DIDN'T smoke those!

Deb - 3 weeks free & 210 cigs not smoked! I am treating myself to a massage today!

Old 03-13-2007, 05:11 AM   #2
(female)

paulagizmo HB User
Re: how many cigs haven't you smoked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangojunky View Post
I love looking at this number - sometimes I visualize an overflowing ashtray and think GROSS - how glad am I that I DIDN'T smoke those!

Deb - 3 weeks free & 210 cigs not smoked! I am treating myself to a massage today!
Deb, ooooh enjoy your massage.

I have not smoked 883 and have been quit 1M, 1D & 11H.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2007, 05:15 AM   #3
(male)

CTYankee HB User

1,600, but who's counting (16 wks quit)

Old 03-13-2007, 06:28 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User

About 1400 at 11 weeks
I wonder how far 1400 cigs is if laid end to end in a long line (king size that is!) ANYONE?

Old 03-13-2007, 06:36 AM   #5
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Damn that's a lot of cigs!! I used to collect the Marlboro miles, and I had ziplocs full of them, and I would think to myself, what a freaking idiot!! I'm spending $3.00 a pack, killing myself, and collecting miles so I can get rewarded with some cheap crap that I'll probably have to pay shipping for!!

I haven't smoked for 2 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours, 32 minutes, 52 seconds - which only came out 129 cigs..... which is only $20 worth......I think I estimated wrong on how many I was smoking per week - I used 50!!

Old 03-13-2007, 06:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

10 months today and 11250 cigs not smoked.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #7
(female)

Karen1711 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer View Post
Damn that's a lot of cigs!! I used to collect the Marlboro miles, and I had ziplocs full of them, and I would think to myself, what a freaking idiot!! I'm spending $3.00 a pack, killing myself, and collecting miles so I can get rewarded with some cheap crap that I'll probably have to pay shipping for!!

I haven't smoked for 2 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours, 32 minutes, 52 seconds - which only came out 129 cigs..... which is only $20 worth......I think I estimated wrong on how many I was smoking per week - I used 50!!

LOL!! That's so funny! Yes, it really was a bunch of crap!

Let's see, I've been smoke free for a little over a month and that comes to 1208 cigarettres not smoked. OMG, that's a lot of smoke! It makes you wonder how you could've put those things in your mouth that many times.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #8
(male)

KC720 HB User

Newbie Alert! I have been quit on Chantix for 1 week, 1 day and 15 hours (give or take an hour for daylight savings). I guess that is 170 cigarettes not smoked. I've been lurking the posts for two days and decided the support and help here is a helluva alot better than the Chantix GETQUIT homepage with the big head cartoons. Definitely some good tips on that site but a little corny for my taste. I still check in though b/c I need to do anything to stay quit this time for my wife and two little girls. I've been a smoker for 17 years. I've tried quitting before on the patch, Zyban, Wellbutrin. I even saw the Mad Russian up in Boston, twice. And I have to say that nothing has worked like Chantix (for me at least).

Well just wanted to say HI! to everyone and wish you all the best of luck in their quit as I eagerly await my Angel Wings smiley from Memaw!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 12:48 PM   #9
(female)

Karen1711 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC720 View Post
Newbie Alert! I have been quit on Chantix for 1 week, 1 day and 15 hours (give or take an hour for daylight savings). I guess that is 170 cigarettes not smoked. I've been lurking the posts for two days and decided the support and help here is a helluva alot better than the Chantix GETQUIT homepage with the big head cartoons. Definitely some good tips on that site but a little corny for my taste. I still check in though b/c I need to do anything to stay quit this time for my wife and two little girls. I've been a smoker for 17 years. I've tried quitting before on the patch, Zyban, Wellbutrin. I even saw the Mad Russian up in Boston, twice. And I have to say that nothing has worked like Chantix (for me at least).

Well just wanted to say HI! to everyone and wish you all the best of luck in their quit as I eagerly await my Angel Wings smiley from Memaw!!!

WELCOME TO THE GROUP!! You're at the right place for friendship and support. I couldn't make much sense out of the Getquit page, either. Sounds like you've tried everything to quit... just like the rest of us. Too bad we don't have all that money we spent for products that didn't work. For me(Ms No Willpower ), Chantix is a miracle! I'm still afraid I'm going to wake up and it will all have been an impossible dream. I can just picture the overflowing ash tray on the bedside table, room reeking of cigarette smoke and me fumbling around for that first smoke of the day. Ugh! Let us know how you're doing and tell us of any concerns. Do you have your meter set up on your desk top? You're doing great!! Don't forget, we're here for you and each other!

Karen(1 month, 2 days, 6 hrs, 27min, 13sec= smoke free)

Old 03-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User

Quote:

Welcome KC720 and congrats on your quit so far.
This will be your lucky quit because if you stick around we won't let you fail. If you hit a rough spot we'll give you a hug and you can even have a bit of a giggle at Traveller "throwing a wobbly" (please refer to other threads for details)
Oh and we don't do corny here!! and I am sure Memaw will be delighted to oblige.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:37 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
I have been quit on Chantix for 1 week, 1 day and 15 hours (give or take an hour for daylight savings). I guess that is 170 cigarettes not smoked.
Welcome to the Quitter's Club KC720!! Keep coming back and let us know how you are doing!!!

I look forward to seeing Memaw on here at night too. Isn't she just wonderful??

Old 03-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #12
(male)

Kevin__ HB User

Congratulations KC720!!! That's really awesome!!!

Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

Silly question - Who is the "Mad Russian up in Boston"? Never heard of him hear in Chicago.

Kevin__

Old 03-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #13
(female)

Mrsdew HB User

KC your so right. I thought the Chantix site would have more helpful information, but i basically check in that's it now.

I tried Wellbutrin, patches, hypnotism too. (i just literally laid there while others were supposedly hypnotised and the guy didnt say much to be honest)I never tried the mad russian considering i live 30 min from boston LOL.

CONGRATS on your decision to quit. I have been smoke free 4 days, and it's been hard at times, i feel so much better.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...

Quote:
I've been lurking the posts for two days and decided the support and help here is a helluva alot better than the Chantix GETQUIT homepage with the big head cartoons. Definitely some good tips on that site but a little corny for my taste. I still check in though b/c I need to do anything to stay quit this time for my wife and two little girls.!

Old 03-13-2007, 05:12 PM   #14
(female)

tampaquit HB User

Well congrats MrsDew and KC420. You know I have such a hard time remembering everyone's full name here

Old 03-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Six months, three weeks,six days,4239 cigarettes not smoked, saving $633.04.
Did you know that if you smoked a pack of cigarettes a day, that is about 70,000 puffs in one year. The only other thing you've done as many times is breathing!!! Is it any wonder we still have memories (urges) of smoking?!! An to think that I did for 40 years! WOW! That is 2,800,000 puffs!! Give or take a few thousand puffs.

Memaw

Last edited by Memaw649; 03-13-2007 at 07:25 PM. Reason: sp.

Closed Thread