It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
(female)

Trish M&M HB User
Chantix Support

Hi Folks: At 2:30 PM (EST) today, I have been smoke free for ONE MONTH!!!!! I've said it before and will say again: this whole quit process w/ Chantix has been so easy for me. Yes...some bumps here and there, but nothing unmanageable. I feel great. My energy level is thru the roof, I am so rested when I wake up each morning, I have very little appetite (this is a good thing), am going to the gym 5 to 6 times a week and really enjoying it. Someone told me the other day that my complexion looks better. I hadn't really paid any attention, but since they said it, I think they're right. I love not smoking.

Once I realized how relatively simple not smoking was gonna be for me using the Chantix, I've worried myself over what it's gonna be like once I'm finished w/ my three months. I'm even more worried now after TrueBrit's experience. But - TrueBrit - I wanna hear every word of what it's like for you....the good, the bad, the ugly

I also wanna thank all of you for the support you've given me. The people on this Board are GREAT!!!! I look forward each day (sometimes several times a day) to see what's going on w/ everyone. My very best each of you in your efforts to be a quitter.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
(female)

rdbroxton HB User
Re: Chantix Support

CONGRATS!!!! One month WOW!!! Way to go Trish!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2007, 12:48 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish M&M View Post
Hi Folks: At 2:30 PM (EST) today, I have been smoke free for ONE MONTH!!!!! I've said it before and will say again: this whole quit process w/ Chantix has been so easy for me. Yes...some bumps here and there, but nothing unmanageable. I feel great. My energy level is thru the roof, I am so rested when I wake up each morning, I have very little appetite (this is a good thing), am going to the gym 5 to 6 times a week and really enjoying it. Someone told me the other day that my complexion looks better. I hadn't really paid any attention, but since they said it, I think they're right. I love not smoking.

Once I realized how relatively simple not smoking was gonna be for me using the Chantix, I've worried myself over what it's gonna be like once I'm finished w/ my three months. I'm even more worried now after TrueBrit's experience. But - TrueBrit - I wanna hear every word of what it's like for you....the good, the bad, the ugly

I also wanna thank all of you for the support you've given me. The people on this Board are GREAT!!!! I look forward each day (sometimes several times a day) to see what's going on w/ everyone. My very best each of you in your efforts to be a quitter.
Congrats Trish
I am so proud of you and now you are an inspiration to all the newbies. One month is a real milestone. It's downhill all the way from here on in.
You will be relieved to know that today has been much better than yesterday. That's another hiccup dealt with but will keep you posted.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Trish - congrats on being one month quit!! I too feel great about my quit so far - I'm on 2 weeks so far. It is a great feeling to finally be free! And I too have noticed a difference in myself, my attitude and my complexion overall. Although I have NOT been hitting the gym 5 or 6 times a week, I hope to soon (next week, after my mother-in-law leaves)....

I also look forward to this board, several times a day - I don't know what I would do without it. I think it's real important to have the support that you all provide.....

Old 03-13-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
(male)

Kevin__ HB User

That is so cool!!! Congratulations Trish!!! I'll bet you are pretty darn proud of yourself because I know we all are. Sheesh, a whole month - I'll bet the time just flew.

You should review some of your old posts then give yourself a real big pat on the back. You just can not believe it when you find you've made it this far. It really is an outstanding accomplishment - and you did it all by yourself!!!

Last edited by Administrator; 06-05-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User

You are right Kevin about Trish's outstanding accomplishment but y'know one of the most outstanding things about this quit for me was never ever feeling alone in the company of such wonderful friends who really and truly understand. This giving and taking of support is priceless.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-05-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

That is so awesome!!! Congratulations Trish!!!

One month is so great, I am so proud of you!!! (Even if I did steal Kevin's post and change the colors ).

Old 03-13-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
(female)

maryber HB User

Congrats Trish!!

Geesh, I wish I could get my butt to the gym even one day a week!! I will just deal with one issue at a time!! LOL

Old 03-13-2007, 04:14 PM   #9
(female)

tampaquit HB User

Dang, one month!! Congratulations! I'm envious I'm a week and half behind you though! So now you can measure your Quit time in months! Cool beans!

Old 03-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Trish,
I just knew you would be a success. Your attitude this whole time has been fantastic. I'm so glad you are having such an easy time with the Chantix. I did too. (Well, except for the nausea, gas and indigestion. ) One month is
FANTABULOUS!!

Memaw

Closed Thread