It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
(female)

Mrsdew HB User
Absolutely Nasty

Hi everyone:

Ok i am day 4 smoke free and 16 on chantix.

i am absolutely nasty, moody just an unpleasant person to be around.

the nicotine should be out of my system? Has anyone else experienced this, as i am getting VERY VERY DISCOURAGED and if it's the chantix want to stop.

any thoughts???

Thanks
Trace

Sigh:

Old 03-13-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
(male)

KC720 HB User
Re: Absolutely Nasty

On Day 8 of Chantix (which was also my quit day), I started having episodes of anger and sometimes what felt like uncontrollable rage. It must have been the increase in dosage. It has gotten less and less every day. My body is probably adjusting. I am normally a very patient person who is pretty easygoing so it was definitely weird to have the emotions I was/am having. I don't think it was the nicotine withdrawal being that I have quit multiple times before. I have gotten irritable during those times but nothing like this. I'm sure the rage part has something to do with having testosterone . So hopefully yours will only manifests as irritability only. I would hang tough a couple of days to see if your body readjusts. If not, I've read a few posts where they split the pills and take smaller doses throughout the day to alleviate their symptoms. I hope you don't get discouraged. Just remember whether its the withdrawal or the Chantix, your not planning on having either of them in your system after a fixed amount of time. You can be smoke free the rest of your life. I think your loved ones can get snarled at every now and then for a good cause. Don't beat yourself up for it and remember.......This too shall pass........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Hi Trace,
Even though it take about 72 hours for the nicotine to leave your body, you will still have smoking withdrawals for one to three or so weeks. So what you are feeling now is completely normal. Don't get discouraged. It will pass.

Does any of this sound familiar or what you are feeling?
Nicotine withdrawal symptoms:
irritability, mood swings, restlessness, insomnia, fatigue
inability to concentrate, sore throat, cough, congestion, headache,
increased appetite constipation, gas, stomach pain, dry mouth
sore tongue/gums , postnasal drip, tightness in the chest.

Trace, I'm going to ask you to write down how you are feeling. Then later on when you get an urge to smoke, you'll be able to look at the list and think..I sure don't want to go through that again!!

It does get better!!! Just hang in there. We are here for you. Come on back and post and gripe and yell and tell us how much worse you feel than we felt. We will listen and help in any ways we can.

Good Luck to you!!

Memaw

Old 03-14-2007, 03:04 PM   #4
(male)

Kevin__ HB User

Hi Trace,

Congratulations on having made it to day four!!! Well actually, it's day five now, so I guess I'll say congratulations twice!!! Sorry to hear about the withdrawals, they really stink, don't they?

Tracy, you have an awful lot to be proud of, so don't even think about getting discouraged. You are doing absolutely FANTASTIC!!! This is an incredibly tough addiction to overcome. So this is a HUGE accomplishment.

You need to get out and celebrate!

Hang in there... We're with you...

Kevin__

Closed Thread