It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User
Ct

CT didn't last but a day in a half but instead of smoking a cig I grappped my inhaler and have been using it ever since Thursday morning.So I am smoke free but not nicotine free.I always knew that the inhaler worked but it was like a cup of coffee without the cream.The long 20 min that they say to do with every inhaler helps in the morning and at night so that is a plus during the day if I need a smoke I can use the inhaler and put it down then pick it up anytime and it still will work but after 20 min of using it total inhale it stops.My gut says no to chantix still.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User
Re: Ct

lorriem,
I'm glad you have found something that will work for you.
It doesn't matter what you use to quit as long as you do quit!
Each person does this their own way. It just takes some people longer to find what way works for them.
Good Luck to you!!

Memaw

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2007, 07:59 AM   #3
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Good luck Lorrie with the inhaler. If it's working for you, that's fine. You're not nicotine free yet, but you will be. The first step is getting the smokes out of your mouth, and the habit. Then you can wean yourself off the nicotine later on. Whatever works for you. Just keep trying. If that doesn't work, try something else. Just keep trying. You are strong enough to do this - just keep telling yourself why you want to quit? Post that list somewhere that you will see it every day to remind yourself. Reward yourself for not smoking!!

Keep up the great work. Chantix is not for everyone. I quit taking it after the 2nd week but am smoke free for 3 weeks already. The rest is just willpower and mentally preparing for not ever smoking again. You can do it!!

Old 03-20-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Thanks Memaw and Skimmer.
I am using between 12 and 16 inhalers a day and so far so good.I am also not going to use this forever as my previous doc said but try for the 12 weeks. I will go down to 10 - 12 next week and see what happens. I called my brother a few days ago and asked him about the chantix. He is a dentist in the navy and wondered what he has heard. He said where he is they will not give a script for chantix since it is so new but they all have been talking about the side effects pros and cons and he told me he would rather see me wait btw he is a non smoker and also my twin brother.i just do not know what to tell my doc next week since like I posted before he only wants me to use that but my brother said I have the right to decide on what method to use.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #5
(male)

Kevin__ HB User

Congratulations Lorriem!!! I agree with Memaw, it really doesn't matter what you use to quit as long as you do quit! Whatever floats your boat...

Lorriem, I was talking to a friend of mine this past weekend. He quit using the Nicotrol inhaler well over two years ago. He said he used it all the time at first, then was able to gradually cut back, little by little over time. He mentioned that at some point in time he just got tired of using it.

Keep up the good work!!!

Kevin__

Old 03-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Kevin
Thank you and your friend is right.When I have used it on a plane 8 hours with layovers I don't seem to want it as much toward the half point way.I guess I will find out.

Closed Thread