It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
(female)

Marguerite J HB User
I have been quit 1 week!!!!

Yep, you have read right, I have been nicotine free for 7days!!! I still can't believe it. I had a rough time of it once I started the blue pills. I am diabetic and am on Actos (1 pill a day) I did pretty good when taking the white pills. But once I started taking the 2 blue pills a day my sugar didn't want to lower as it should. I was having to do some major walking and exercising just to get it to do so at first. Then it got to the point that that didn't even get it to lower. So I cut down to one blue pill a day and that didn't even make a difference. So I then cut it down to a half of a blue pill a day and now my sugar lowers just like it did before I ever took the Chantix. Even though I am only taking a half a blue pill a day there is no urge to have a smoke. Infact if I even think of a cig or having a smoke I feel sick to my stomach.

Marguerite
I have been quit for 7 days, 18 hours and 35 minutes (7 days). I have saved $36.40 by not smoking 280 cigarettes. My quit date 3-14-07 (put out last cigarette 11:59pm 11-13-07).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
(female)

Trish M&M HB User
Re: I have been quit 1 week!!!!

Congratulations, Marguerite!!!!! That's wonderful. I know what you mean about feeling sickly at the thought of smoking. It's a good sickly feeling isn't it?!? Keep up the GREAT work. We're all gonna be a huge group of quitters here

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
(male)

Kevin__ HB User

Oh my gosh... Congratulations Marguerite!!! You've got a whole week under your belt. That's a real accomplishment!!!

Sorry to hear about your blood sugar. I found that pretty interesting. I know that nicotine withdrawal really messes with your blood sugar the first 3 - 5 days. As you know, consumption of nicotine forces your body to use stored sugars. So once you quit it plays havoc with this process. I read some where that you should drink plenty of fruit juice the first 3 - 5 days of your quit to help regulate the withdrawals affect on sugar intake.

Oh well, you're way past that already...

Keep up the good work!!!

Kevin__

Old 03-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #4
(female)

Marguerite J HB User

Trish,

Thank you!!! It sure is a great sickly feeling, lol. To be honest this is one feeling I thought I would never have and be happy about it!!!

Marguerite
I have been quit for 7 days, 18 hours and 51 minutes (7 days). I have saved $36.40 by not smoking 280 cigarettes. My quit date 3-14-07 (put out last cigarette 11:59pm 11-13-07).

Old 03-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
(female)

tampaquit HB User

Hi neighbor! I was just in Oldsmar today! And I didn't see any smoke coming out of your house! Woo hoo! Congratulations and you are doing fantastic! And it gets easier each day, right? That's kind of weird about your sugar, but maybe Kevin is right, I don't know. If you are good on half of a pill, just keep taking that. Wow, don't you just want to jump up and down and put a big banner on your car that you don't smoke

Old 03-20-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
(female)

Marguerite J HB User

Kevin,

Thank you!!! It was such an accomplishment Hubby took me out to supper to celebrate!!!

I took classes when I found out I had to take Actos for my diabetes to learn all the do's and don't's on how to take care of taking care of myself. At these classes they taught us to be careful how much fruit you eat and how much fruit juice you drink because they have a natural sugar in them which raises your blood sugar when sonsumed. So I don't see how drinking it would of lowered it.

I didn't think quitting smoking would be this easy (other than my blood sugar problem)!! Thank you again!!!

Marguerite
I have been quit for 7 days, 19 hours and 56 minutes (7 days). I have saved $36.40 by not smoking 280 cigarettes. My quit date 3-14-07 (put out last cigarette 11:59pm 11-13-07).

Old 03-20-2007, 06:10 PM   #7
(female)

Marguerite J HB User

Tampaquit,

Hi neighbor and thank you!!! Are you in Oldsmar often? If you are, we will have to meet at the local Walmart and have a soda at McDonalds there in the store!!! It would be nice to meet another non-smoker from the board!!! No smoke coming from this house!!! Boy is Hubby excited about this!!! It does get easier each day!!! I must of been in the right frame of mind when I started the blue pills, because from the time I had my last cig on just the thought of smoking or a cig makes feel ill.
When I make it to the one month without I am going to look for a bumper sticker. lol I am getting a kick out of changing the time I haven't smoked under my name today. lol

Marguerite
I have been quit for 7 days, 20 hours and 10 minutes (7 days). I have saved $36.40 by not smoking 280 cigarettes. My quit date 3-14-07 (put out last cigarette 11:59pm 11-13-07).

Last edited by Marguerite J; 03-20-2007 at 11:31 PM.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Thumbs up Re: I have been quit 1 week!!!!

Congratulations Marguerite J!!!

Old 03-20-2007, 11:06 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Marguerite J,
WOW!! One whole week smoke free!! You are doing a FANTASTIC job!!
I'm glad you finally got your blood sugar back to normal!! And I'm glad the reduced dosage of Chantix is still working for you!! SUPER!
Please keep us posted on your progress.
Good Luck to you!

Memaw

Old 03-21-2007, 02:19 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User

[QUOTE=Marguerite J;2871355]Kevin,

Thank you!!! It was such an accomplishment Hubby took me out to supper to celebrate!!!

I took classes when I found out I had to take Actos for my diabetes to learn all the do's and don't's on how to take care of taking care of myself. At these classes they taught us to be careful how much fruit you eat and how much fruit juice you drink because they have a natural sugar in them which raises your blood sugar when sonsumed. So I don't see how drinking it would of lowered it.

I didn't think quitting smoking would be this easy (other than my blood sugar problem)!! Thank you again!!!

Marguerite

FAAAAANTAAAASTIC ONE WEEK WILL SOON BE ONE YEAR.

Last edited by True Brit; 03-21-2007 at 07:03 AM.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:21 AM   #11
(female)

mangojunky HB User

CONGRATS on being FREE for a week!
GREAT JOB!
deb

Old 03-21-2007, 01:16 PM   #12
(male)

Kevin__ HB User

Hi Marguerite,

Wow, I did not know that. Thanks a million for clarifying the ill effects of combining fruit juice and diabetes. Learn something new every day...

Congratulations on Eight Days quit now!!!

Kevin__

Old 03-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #13
(female)

Marguerite J HB User

Memaw,
Thank you!!! The support of you and everyone else here means the world to me, thank you!!!!

Marguerite
I have been quit for 8 days, 15 hours and 56minutes (1 week 1day). I have saved $41.60 by not smoking 320 cigarettes. My quit date 3-14-07 (put out last cigarette 11:59pm 11-13-07).

Old 03-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #14
(female)

Marguerite J HB User

True Brit,

Thank you!!! I am looking forward to the day I can say it has been one whole year of being smoke and nicotine free!!! How about you?

Marguerite
I have been quit for 8 days, 15 hours and 58 minutes (1 week 1day). I have saved $41.60 by not smoking 320 cigarettes. My quit date 3-14-07 (put out last cigarette 11:59pm 11-13-07).

Old 03-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #15
(female)

Marguerite J HB User

Mangojunky,
Thank you!!!!

Marguerite
I have been quit for 8 days, 18 hours and 8 minutes (1 week 1day). I have saved $41.60 by not smoking 320 cigarettes. My quit date 3-14-07 (put out last cigarette 11:59pm 11-13-07).

Closed Thread