It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
(female)

Trish M&M HB User
Dizziness - Weight

Hi Umagooma: Congratulations on your decision to become a quitter! You and I are at about the same place....my last cigarette was February 13th. You asked about dizziness. I had some at the very beginning, along with feeling disoriented. It didn't last long -- several days. I was extremely tired for 11 days, but once it passed I've been raring to go. No nausea at all -- but I've always taken the rx on a full stomach w/ 16 oz. of water.

I've gained no weight...in fact, I've lost about 5 lbs. I had zero appetite in the beginning and don't have much of a one even now. I'm eating as healthy as possible and only occasionally indulge in junk food (my weakness). I'm also exercising regularly -- even more regularly than before I stopped smoking. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week....Body Pump and Body Step classes. My endurance is markedly improved.

I feel wonderful -- there's no other way to put it.

Do you ever think about smoking? I hardly ever do and, if I do, it's no more than a fleeting thought. Have you given consideration to how you're gonna come off Chantix -- just stop or wean off? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go the weaning route.

Do keep us posted on your progress.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User
Re: Dizziness - Weight

Trish,
Congratulations on the 5 pound weight loss!! Now how many people believe that you quit smoking and lost weight at the same time?
One month one week and one day is fantastic!!
You are such and inspiration to the people here. Your attitude is marvelous!! I love to read your posts! They are always so positive.

Keep it up!!

Memaw

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2007, 05:28 AM   #3
(male)

umagooma HB User

Hi Trish, I'm like you ,hardly ever think about smoking and if I do it will be gone in a second. Its just great! Have not really wanted a smoke since starting this. I hope the urge does not come back when I stop the program. Will SLOWLY wean myself off when I feel like it is time. Its been 41 days today and I feel like I could stop the Chantix now, but I know it is too early

Old 03-23-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
(female)

Trish M&M HB User

Hey Umagooma: Are you feeling really well like me? No more dizziness, etc.? Did you see my post about having called Pfizer -- asking about weaning off Chantix? If not, you don't have to bother. Let me bottom line it: they don't know nuthin' about nuthin'

This is only a guess, but I think once we stop the Chantix we're gonna have more cravings/urges than we're currently having. And we may have them for a long time (maybe forever) to come. I'm beginning to think the Chantix is a fantastic aid to getting people thru a difficult 3 month hump and giving us the opportunity to deal with not smoking. What we've learned during the period of time while taking the rx should (maybe - hopefully) have taught us how to face various and sundry situations and not reverting to smoking. We know we can do it and should be able to employ what we've learned during the 3 months. I may be as full of it as a Christmas turkey.....just a rambling thought.

I have no plans to ever smoke again, but in case I do fail at some point down the road, I can say in total and complete honesty that this Chantix experience and not smoking for 41 days has been one of the most positive times in my life.

That's my story.....and I'm sticking to it

Old 03-23-2007, 10:55 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Trish and umagooma,
When I completed my 12 weeks on Chantix and I finally weaned myself off of it...the cravings were no greater than when I was on the Chantix. I know True Brit is having some trouble with urges, but I believe they are very controllable.
I have been quit for a little over 7 months now and what cravings I have now are so small and insignificant that I just take a deep breath and they are gone. Every once in a while one will hit that I have to take two or three breaths. But that is it!!
I hope my experience will ease your mind some about getting of the drug.
I know everyone will probably react differently to getting off it because no two people are having the experience while on the Chantix.

Memaw

Closed Thread