It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2007, 03:28 AM   #1
(female)

mangojunky HB User
First big challenge

Well,
I will have what I consider my first big challenge during my quit. Next week I am going to Boston to see Toots and the Maytals (great reggae group) and I get to go backstage and meet him! I will be driving (first long drive since quitting), and I am so excited, that I am dealing with that nervous energy that used to have me almost chain smoking - I went to the gym yesterday to burn some of it off! I know I'll be ok, but it will be interesting to see how much I crave. Maybe I won't at all. I guess we'll find out!
deb

Old 03-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
(female)

Skimmer HB User
Re: First big challenge

Deb - you won't crave at all! It will be such an enjoyable drive, with the windows down, feeling the fresh air blowing thru your hair. And you'll have your music cranked up, singing a tune. You'll have an awesome time!! It's just another one of those "firsts" you have to get thru without a cig hanging out of your mouth. You'll do just fine......Come back and tell us how the concert was too!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2007, 09:37 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Hey Deb,
Sounds fantastic!! Be sure to take some gum or lifesavers with you. Something that will keep your breath smelling minty.
Remember to take a deep breath. If you need them, make some straw cigarettes. But I don't think you'll need them. You will do just fine. I just know you will.
Let us know how you enjoy the concert and how it was to get to go backstage!! Cool!

Memaw

Old 03-24-2007, 05:36 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User

Hi Deb
The thing you will most likely notice the most is like at any show you went to when you smoked, the first half was OK but after that you were itching to go have a cig and by the end of the show you weren't really enjoying it anymore. Well, when I went to the theatre recently I noticed how lovely it was to stay relaxed right to the end and I felt only pity for the group of sad muppets standing outside in the rain during the interval.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:34 AM   #5
(female)

mangojunky HB User

memaw and tampa - you are right. It will be a nice change not to be focusing on smoking - I'll have plenty of gum in the car with me - I've recently become addicted to double bubble gum....probably not a great thing, but better than cigs!
deb

Closed Thread