It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2007, 05:56 AM   #1
(female)

djkmc1998 HB User
Question Uh-oh!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Im going strong, & supposed to be on week 5. Things are crazy busy here at my home and I totally forgot to call my dr for my refill for the 2nd pack. Of course I didnt realize this until FRIDAY NIGHT that I was all out. So, I have to wait until Monday to get a refill. So I will be w/o Chantix for 2 1/2 days. Is it okay for me to abruptly stop and then start on week 5 again? Im not going to smoke for the next couple of days either. Any advice????

Old 03-25-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
(female)

mangojunky HB User
Re: Uh-oh!!!!!!!!!!!!

try not to panic! The chantix stays in your body for a few days after you stop taking it, so you won't totally be without. A few people here have experienced side -effects when they reduced their dosage - irritability and depression - hopefully you won't experience those, but if you do, try and exercise, eat some chocolate - and remember that it's only temporary. I know you'll do fine this weekend!
deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
(female)

jenavive HB User

Did you call your pharmacy? I thought I had to call my Dr. too but the pharmacy said its a 3 month perscription so you just go in and get it. Try giving them a call it should be the same for everyone. Good luck! Jen

Old 03-25-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

djkmc1998,
You should be fine. Like Deb said, the Chantix stays in your system for a while after stopping it.
Congratulations on being smoke free for What? four weeks!!
Keep up the good work.
Let us know how you made it!!

Memaw

Old 03-27-2007, 04:07 AM   #5
(female)

djkmc1998 HB User

Thanks for the support guys! I got my Chantix yesterday (all $122 of it!) I couldnt belive my insurance wouldnt cover it....but it did the first pack it was only $88 the first time....I dont understand, but Oh well...I NEEDED it. I was soooo ready for a smoke, but I wouldnt allow myself. I thought I have gone 1 month, I dont wanna start all over. So, now I got my new best friend (the chantix pill) back in my body and I feel great. So, Im fine...just thought I'd update.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #6
(male)

Kevin__ HB User

Aw-right!!! Very nice job djkmc1998!!! You rock...

Keep up the good work!!!

Kevin__

Old 03-27-2007, 07:29 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Hey dj,
I'm glad you got everything straightened out. I don't understand why some insurance will cover this drug and others won't. But either way, it's well worth the money spent.
Okay, what are your numbers? How long have you been quit now? Are you doing okay on the Chantix?
Don't you just love just love that your hair doesn't smell like smoke?
Keep us posted on your progress!!
You're doing a super job of not smoking!! Congratulations!!

Memaw

Old 03-28-2007, 03:07 AM   #8
(female)

djkmc1998 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaw649 View Post
Hey dj,
Okay, what are your numbers? How long have you been quit now? Are you doing okay on the Chantix?
Don't you just love just love that your hair doesn't smell like smoke?
Keep us posted on your progress!!
You're doing a super job of not smoking!! Congratulations!!

Memaw
Thanks Memaw! I am now on week 5, so a little over a month. I do have to admit, I went back home (from NY to Nebraska) for a wedding I was in on St Patricks day, and @ the reception I was drinking and went outside with my smoker friends, and had a smoke (only half of it cause it tasted like poo). But that was the only time I have smoked, and I dont care to anymore. But other than that relapse, I have been fine. I do want one every now and then, some days are wayyy worse than others. I just started excercising again, and it feels even better. I dont plan on ever picking up a smoke again, I hate it. It stinks...and YES my hair does smell better, and so does my car. My hubby still smokes, and I can smell him the minute he walks in the house (we never smoke in the house). He plans on quitting as well, but he will in his own time. It is gross though, ewwww....I can only imagine the thoughts all of the non-smokers had when I walked into a room.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

dj,
You said "I can only imagine the thoughts all of the non-smokers had when I walked into a room."
Ya know when I was smoking, I really didn't care that I smelled like smoke. All I cared about was Where and If I could smoke where ever I was!!
Isn't that sad? Old nicodemon had a strangle hold on me. Until Chantix, that is!!
Keep up the good work!!

Memaw

Old 03-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkmc1998 View Post
I am now on week 5, so a little over a month.
Wonderful news djkmc1998!! Awesome!!! Keep coming back and tell us how you are doing and feeling!

Old 03-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaw649;2***719
Ya know when I was smoking, I really didn't care that I smelled like smoke.
You know Memaw, when I was smoking I didn't know how bad I and my smoke smelled. I'm embarrassed now that others had to smell that on my clothes, hair, breath, house and car. Phew!!!!

Closed Thread