It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 02:52 AM   #1
(female)

mangojunky HB User
good news

Yesterday, I got my hair cut. I have been going to the same stylist for a long time, so we chat - the last time I saw her I was just about to quit smoking, so I went on and on about why I was quitting (basically trying to psych myself up!) When I told her I was 5 weeks FREE, she told me that she quit smoking too - she was inspired by what I had said. AND another woman at the salon quit too! I'm so happy that we have 2 more quitters!
deb

Old 03-28-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
(male)

Kevin__ HB User
Re: good news

Funny you mentioned that...

A guy that I work with shot me an email last week and asked if I had quit smoking.

I sent another back telling him that "Yes, I quit some time ago using Chantix".

He wrote me back to say "YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!! So did I !!!!!".

Turns out he quit about a week after I did - and we are both still not smoking... We really got a laugh out of that one. We don't even have the same doctor.

Go figure...

Kevin__

Last edited by Kevin__; 03-28-2007 at 01:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangojunky View Post
Yesterday, I got my hair cut.
I didn't get my hair cut yesterday but do have a question. My hair is so much shinier (sp) and healthier than it's been in many years. I wonder if quitting smoking had anything to do with that???

Old 03-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

deb,
Just yesterday I got an email for a good friend of mine. I had told her and anyone that would listen to me about the Chantix. And how wonderful I thought it was. She said her husband started on it!! Another friend of mine has started it and is doing well on it. So the word is spreading!! Isn't that wonderful?!! We never know what influence we have over other people. So keep telling anyone that will listen to you!!

hopsing,
Honey, you are doing WONDERFUL!! Fifteen days is FABULOUS!!Just set an example and maybe your sisters and hubby will follow. This is a personal decision, but that doesn't me you can't try to influence them.
Hope the splitting the night pill helps with the sleep situation. That seems to be a problem for a lot of people.

Traveller,
I noticed that my skin was looking better about a month ago. Since smoking decreases the circulation to the scalp and other parts of the body, it stands to reason that your hair would be dull and dry. So quitting smoking should reverse the effect and make it healthier and shinier. Make sense to you?
I'm sure you are looking mahvalous!!

Memaw

Closed Thread