It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

dragonfly_gurl HB User
Thumbs up day two

this is my second day that i have not smoked i was actually supposed to stop yesterday but i choose to stop monday and i have to say chantix is great i have no cravings and no really side effects i cant even stand to smell the smoke ashtrays ect andymore without getting sick to my stomache i am thankful for a site liek this to help you this is my first time posting on here thank you all

Old 03-28-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
(male)

Kevin__ HB User
Re: day two

Well Congratulations Dragonfly_Gurl and Welcome!!!

Thanks for joining us! I sure am glad the Chantix is working for you. I started it 10 weeks ago and quit over eight weeks ago on Chantix. I found it pretty much did what is said it would do. I really would not have done this if it were not for the Chantix. I was so proud of myself. I did NOT think I could do it, but I did.

I know what you mean about the ash trays. Pretty awful, huh. All the smells seem to be concentrated there. Ughhh... I remember the day after I quit I noticed I still had them out and asked myself "Now what in the world am I going to do with these???". I landed up putting them in the dishwasher, then threw them in a cabinet some where. I honestly do not even remember where I put them. Figured I would save them in case company came over. Of course now that I've spent the past eight weeks trying to clean the smoke out of my house I do not think I will be bringing out the ash trays any time soon - or ever for that matter.

Congratulations Dragonfly_Gurl, I have a feeling you are going to do just fine.

Kevin__

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

SiiouteSapphire HB User

Congrats on becoming a nonsmoker. So lucky that you are not having urges, be prepared though just in case they do crop up. You made a wonderful decision to quit smoking.

Sapphire

Old 03-28-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SiiouteSapphire HB User
Smile Re: day two

I am proud of you too! Reading about the success of others who originally felt like I did (thinking they never would be able to quit), well, it really has made all the difference in the world to me. I hope Fish is right and that this site becomes crowed as more and more people quit. It just dawned on me that we are even helping to improve the environment, simply by choosing not to smoke. Congrats to you and for the progress you have made. Fish is going on 2 months also. Congrats Fish. You have both done a great job in helping to encourage others. Keep up the GOOD work. We need you!

Sapphire

Last edited by Administrator; 06-05-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:39 PM   #5
(female)

tampaquit HB User

Wow, S&S are you still smoke free? Woooo Hoooo! And welcome Dragonfly! You won't find a more supportive group of people. And we have a good sense of humor too Sara, your still a non smoker too, right??

That's a lot of smokes not smoked, and a lot of money saved, and a lot of time added on to everyone's lives!

Old 03-28-2007, 07:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly_gurl;2***355
this is my second day that i have not smoked
Congratulations dragonfly_gurl!! That is awesome!! Welcome to the HealthBoards and be sure to keep coming back and let us know how you are doing!!!

Old 03-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly_gurl;2***355
this is my second day that i have not smoked i was actually supposed to stop yesterday but i choose to stop monday and i have to say chantix is great i have no cravings and no really side effects i cant even stand to smell the smoke ashtrays ect andymore without getting sick to my stomache i am thankful for a site liek this to help you this is my first time posting on here thank you all
Hi dragonfly_gurl,
Welcome to you!! So glad you chose this place to join. The people here are fantastic!!! Every one of them. I look forward to getting to know you.

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS on being smoke free for two days!!! WONDERFUL!!

I hope you continue to do good on the Chantix. A lot of people have side effects, but they continue with the Chantix. So they aren't that bad for most.

I've got one ashtray outside for my smoker friends. So far my brother is the only one to use it. And talk about stink!!! He smokes cigars. UGH!!! But I love him anyway!!

I smoked for 40 years. I quit smoking August 14, 2006. I have never looked back. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I am still amazed at how much better I feel. And I owe it all to Chantix. Nothing I had ever tried before worked for me.

Good Luck to you!! You are in good company here.

Memaw

Old 03-28-2007, 09:12 PM   #8
(male)

DeadFish HB User

Welcome dragonfly_gurl!!
You got a good start going and a great place now to hang out and back you up!
You know, I *used* to have this hobby that I thought was unique: collecting ashtrays with advertising. BANISHED! I washed them all, packed 'em in boxes and gone to the nether-regions of the attic. Maybe worth something someday to my heirs, but no need to have in the house.

THanks for the good thoughts, Sapphire! I'm still needing them as much as anyone. That rascal idea of 'just one....' whispers a lot sometimes when things are pressured, and I daily am amazed to be resistant. Sometimes I think it isn't me resistant at all, but more like I'm just the focus point at that time in the endless battles of empty temptations on this planet. I've said it before, that its the strength I've harnessed from everyone's support and belief in me that makes this all possible.
I'm a philosopher at heart, and sometimes I wrap grand ideas around little things, and in that find things that help me get by. It's kind of a 'zen' thing...
And yes, you caught us. Kevin and I started on the same day (I think) and we are in a race where in the end, we both win!

Warm Regards,
DeadFish

Old 03-28-2007, 09:31 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

the black widow HB User

Welcome dragonfly! Congrats on day 2 and the days will keep flying on by. Seems like yesterday I was just on day 1 and hear it is day 17 . Keep up the great work.

J

Old 03-28-2007, 09:51 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

black widow,
WOW! I didn't realize it had been that long!! 17 days is WONDERFUL!
You having any problems?
Keep up the good work!!
Quitters finish first here!!

Memaw

Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

the black widow HB User

Yes Memaw!!! The days are flying by and I love it. Actually in a few minutes I will be on day 18!! LOL The only issues I am having are difficulty sleeping but I might start taking my 2nd tab a little earlier on in the evening or in the afternoon. Other than that things have been great! When I got my script for the Chantix I asked my Dr. to give me a four month supply so I will be taking it for a full 120 days. Trust me... I need all the help I can get and as much as this medication has helped I want to take full advantage of it! I can't wait until I am where you are at...6+ months!!! Take care.

J

Last edited by the black widow; 03-28-2007 at 10:04 PM.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:30 AM   #12
(female)

Trish M&M HB User

J: Your progress is great! I, too, am amazed at how quickly the time has passed for me.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:34 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadFish;2***991
Welcome dragonfly_gurl!!
You got a good start going and a great place now to hang out and back you up!
You know, I *used* to have this hobby that I thought was unique: collecting ashtrays with advertising. BANISHED! I washed them all, packed 'em in boxes and gone to the nether-regions of the attic. Maybe worth something someday to my heirs, but no need to have in the house.

THanks for the good thoughts, Sapphire! I'm still needing them as much as anyone. That rascal idea of 'just one....' whispers a lot sometimes when things are pressured, and I daily am amazed to be resistant. Sometimes I think it isn't me resistant at all, but more like I'm just the focus point at that time in the endless battles of empty temptations on this planet. I've said it before, that its the strength I've harnessed from everyone's support and belief in me that makes this all possible.
I'm a philosopher at heart, and sometimes I wrap grand ideas around little things, and in that find things that help me get by. It's kind of a 'zen' thing...
And yes, you caught us. Kevin and I started on the same day (I think) and we are in a race where in the end, we both win!

Warm Regards,
DeadFish
Hi Deadfish
I love your philosophy. Anything that helps us win is good. I like the idea of quitting being a really challenging game of snakes and ladders, only the differnce is that we all win if we stay on the board.

Last edited by True Brit; 03-29-2007 at 04:39 AM.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:57 AM   #14
(female)

dragonfly_gurl HB User

my husband is still smoking and so is my neice but they are quitting this week without the help of chantix or any other drug they say they can do it and man i hope they do because i cant stand to smell them when they come in from smoking yuck i did have a little urge lastnight until i smelled the smoke then i was like gross... i never knew i smelled that way until i quit gosh that is gross i wish someone would have told me before now lol i was the stinky smoke lady i am embarrassed now that i smell it on others

Old 03-29-2007, 06:17 PM   #15
(male)

DeadFish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly_gurl View Post
my husband is still smoking and so is my neice but they are quitting this week without the help of chantix or any other drug they say they can do it and man i hope they do because i cant stand to smell them when they come in from smoking yuck i did have a little urge lastnight until i smelled the smoke then i was like gross... i never knew i smelled that way until i quit gosh that is gross i wish someone would have told me before now lol i was the stinky smoke lady i am embarrassed now that i smell it on others
I wish your husband and niece the best of luck, dragonfly_gurl!!
And if it doesn't work out for them that way, they can at least see what success you have been having. This is like my 9th (or so) and LAST time I'm quitting smoking. I do consider though, that the previous 8 times were all learning lessons to get me here, and steps to getting me smoke free before I was dead.
I agree with you 100% on that stink thing! When I have a 'heavy smoker' come in the shop I work in, or if I'm standing by someone in public that MUST be, PHEW! Never could I have imagined how foul I used to stink, and it has been like I'm working a '12-step program' with all the folks in my life that put up with my stinking, apologizing along the way.
But truly, if any NON-smoker would have tried to tell me (or complain) about my 'air' while I was a smoker, I think I would have found some excuse to not listen, discount, or divorce myself from associating with them.
Would any of us have listened and *heard* and done something about it besides spraying 'fabreze' or lysol around???
I like to hope that once the whole quit thing is over, the chantix-time past and the old bad habit but an old bad memory, that I might not be so offended at odors. Well, we'll just see about that!
At least smoke stink helps 'urges' stay well heeled!

Good luck!
DeadFish

Closed Thread