It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
(female)

Julianna823 HB User
Talking Took me 11 Days!!!

Hi everyone! I've been on Chantix for 12 days now, this is my first smoke free 24 hours in years! For some reason, last night (Wednesday) this stuff REALLY kicked in and I haven't had the urge to smoke since then. I totally blew off quitting on the 8th day like so many of you guys have and just decided I would quit when I felt I could handle it. I wasn't even concentrating very hard on quitting, it seemed like it just happened! How crazy is that?? My kids were stunned this morning when mom didn't step on the porch for her usual smoke while the dog was out doing his business. I hope that more people use this product, people like my own mother, who has been smoking for 40 years and thinks there's no hope for her to ever quit. I won't brag too much since I'm only on day 1, but I'm so glad I found this site and all of you guys, and knowing that I'm not alone in this. But if anyone out there is scared of taking Chantix because of side effects or whatever, please just try it. And give it time to work. It took me 11 days!!!!! Now I'm looking forward to the next 24 hours, SMOKE-FREE!
Julianna

Old 03-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
(female)

Trish M&M HB User
Re: Took me 11 Days!!!

Way to go, Julianna! Congratulations on your quit

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

SiiouteSapphire HB User
Smile Re: Took me 11 Days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara29 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS JULIANNA !!!! I quit on day 11 of taking chantix too....today is DAY #8 smoke free....MUCH easier than days 1-2-3. Almost feel like I'm getting into the groove...rather than fighting it. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !! Cheers, Sara

Good Going Sara!!!! I don't know how I have made it this far today. I have had one long urge since mid afternoon. I even took my evening pill early but it has not helped. I hope I can manage the rest of the day. I also am glad to hear that you are making it and that it does get better. I am hopeful. I could not live in this state forever. It's DAY 4 for me and so far the worst. Probably major nicodemon withdrawal.

Sapphire

Old 03-29-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SiiouteSapphire HB User

Julianna----Congrats to you. You are starting out great. Keep up the good work.

Sapphire

Old 03-29-2007, 04:29 PM   #5
(female)

Trish M&M HB User

Sapphire: Sorry you've having a bad day. Chew gum, take deep breaths, drink water, drink fruit juice, take a walk, go to the gym. Remember, the craves will pass and they'll get less frequent as time goes on. Also remember: smoking is not an option. You're now a non-smoker!!

Good Luck!!

Old 03-29-2007, 05:24 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianna823 View Post
...this is my first smoke free 24 hours in years! Julianna
Congratulations Julianna823! What a great health decision you made for yourself and your family!! Keep coming back and let us know how you are doing!

Old 03-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Julianna,
Congratulations to you!! You're off to a wonderful start. I'm glad you stuck with the Chantix. It does take some people a little longer than others for it to "kick" in. You are going to do just fine!!! You've joined the quitters club!!

Oh, and tell your mom that I am 57 years old and smoked for 40 years. I didn't think I could EVER quit smoking. I just started taking the Chantix just so I could tell my doctor and my husband that It didn't work either!! Surprise!!
I stopped on the 9th day on August 14, 2006.

Good Luck to you!! Keep us posted on your progress!!

Memaw

Old 03-30-2007, 09:27 AM   #8
(female)

Julianna823 HB User

Update: I'm still measuring this quit in hours, so 4 pm this afternoon will be 48 hours quit. Doesn't sound like much, huh? But to me, it's amazing. I'm just trying to stay busy and not think about it too much, but really the cravings aren't bad at all. I wouldn't even call them a 'craving', more like just a thought about smoking that doesn't even appeal to me! Everyone else sounds like they're doing good too! My husband will be 1 week on Chantix this Saturday, and he's a HEAVY smoker, so we'll see what happens with him. He's already cut back by maybe 1/4 of what he usually smokes. (He drives a truck so he's not around me or the kids that much, which will help me to not have to watch him smoking!) I'll keep updating as this progresses for all the newbies who are interested in what MIGHT happen with this drug. (I say 'might' because everyone's reaction seems to be different)
Everyone have a great smoke-free day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2007, 10:30 AM   #9
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Congrats Julianna and Sara and everyone else who is just beginning their quit! You guys are doing great! Just remember, it takes a while to get the nicotine and habits out of your system, but as each day goes by, it gets easier and easier.

I can believe it but today is my anniversary!!

I have been quit for 5 weeks, 7 hours, 3 minutes, 13 seconds

I can't even believe it!!! You can do it, I know you guys can - it just takes a little bit of willpower and the magic easy-does-it-pill!!!

Old 03-30-2007, 11:23 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User

CONGRATS ON FIVE WEEKS SKIMMER, YOU ARE AN AMAZING QUITTER AND A REAL INSPIRATION

Old 03-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #11
(male)

Kevin__ HB User

Julianna, 48 hours IS amazing!!!

You are doing wonderful on your quit. So congratulations to you and welcome!!! I'll bet you are real proud of yourself right now. You should be!!! It really is the best thing you could do for yourself. Talk or write to some of the other quitters out there. They all say the same thing.

Keep up the good work!!! You're actually doing it!!!

Kevin__

Old 03-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Skimmer,
CONGRATULATIONS ON FIVE WEEKS SMOKE FREE!! Awesome!!
You really are doing great. Here's you a big
PAT ON THE BACK!!

Julianna,
Still going strong!! Doing good!! Keep it up!!

Memaw

Old 03-30-2007, 06:12 PM   #13
(female)

tampaquit HB User

Wow, congratulations to you, and you can measure in hours, minutes, whatever floats your boat! I remember looking at the clock every five minutes or so just praying I would get to the next hour, and the next day, and the next week. Now I am waiting for month 2 to get here. How cool is that???

Old 04-02-2007, 04:22 PM   #14
(male)

Kevin__ HB User

Congratulations on FIVE days quit Julianna!!!

You're doing it!!! You're doing it!!!

Are you proud of yourself now? You should be.

Keep up the good work!!!

Kevin__

Last edited by Kevin__; 04-02-2007 at 04:23 PM.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:40 PM   #15
(female)

christie66 HB User

Hi everyone, it's my first time posting on this board. I've been on Chantix for 8 days and my quit date is tomorrow. I'm feeling anxious to start my journey as a non-smoker, but very scared at the same time. Any words of wisdom to get through my first day? I'm 45 and have been smoking for over 20 years.

Closed Thread