It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
(female)

me2007 HB User
Stopping this insanity right now

I had 4 months and one week clean from nicotine. I cant blame anyone but myself, but I bought a pack today. Everytime I smoke one and Ive had around 6 today, I feel ashamed and like a failure. They dont taste the same and it really stinks. And now that I that I made myself accountable to many people at work, friends at church, and my family I will need to tell them I smoked. Hopefully they will say in a kind and caring way, "thats okay, we understand, but now you have to start over again and we know you can do it." I know Ive kicked that nicodemon back in, but my question is this; since the habit has only been for one day so far, would the withdrawel be as bad as back 4 months ago when I first quit (after 30 yrs of smoking). I knew, without a shadow of a doubt that I couldnt just smoke one, but I did it anyway. What Im saying is that I dont want to keep smoking....no more tomorrow. Will it take 3 days to get 6 cigarettes worth of nicotine out of my system now? Will the physical withdrawel be as bad as it was in Nov., or will it be the psychological withdrawel that is going to be the worse? Thanks for any imput.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User
Re: Stopping this insanity right now

ufindme2007,
Hate to tell you this, but it will take 3 days for the nicotine to get out of your body. But since you've only had a few, the withdrawal should not be as bad. Just don't smoke any more!!!
I'm glad you are willing to quit so soon after your slip. Keep repeating this "Smoking is no longer and option." And praying. It helps too.
You will get through this.
Let us know if we can be of any help to you.
Good Luck to you!!

Memaw

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2007, 09:02 PM   #3
(female)

me2007 HB User

Yuo already are a help just be being there for me and sending back a response to my message. Blessings!

Old 04-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #4
(female)

Skimmer HB User

UFINDME - quit beating yourself up over this. You slipped up, big deal! You recognize it was a mistake, but you just had to try it once more. You even said they didn't taste very good, so throw them out, once and for all! My sister keeps saying, she wants to try to smoke just one, just to see what it's like. I'm like, "WHY??? Don't do it!"

4 months and a week smoke-free, wow!! That's awesome......I'm curious, what made you decide to buy a pack and smoke some? Did something stressful in your life happen, because that's what we all used to do, grab a smoke, not that it helped, but we thought it did for a minute anyway.

Just focus on getting back on track quickly. Drink lots of water, juices and eat healthy for the next few days. Concentrate on you!! Getting YOU back in order again, and back on track to being nicotine-free. Don't worry about what everyone else will think of you, they don't even have to know you "slipped". That's all it was, just a slip....

Now, throw those nasty smokes away and get yourself a nice glass of ice water and a carrot stick to chew on.....and let us know how you're doing..

Closed Thread