It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User
anyone know of chantix coupons or discounts

My insurance will not cover it, had heard there are coupons...just checking can't find anything.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #2
(female)

Skimmer HB User
Re: anyone know of chantix coupons or discounts

Hi Yvette - my insurance didn't cover it either. But you know, it costs the same as buying cigarettes and we always seemed to find money for those, didn't we? My Dr. (a walk-in clinic) said they had some coupons $20 off, but were out of them when I was there. And the pharmacy sometimes has them as well I think. I wish I could give you all my leftover Chantix that I'm not taking anymore. I only took it for 2 weeks, then decided I didn't need it anymore. I've been quit for 5 weeks now and all is good.....

I wish you luck and hope you can find some coupons, but if not, it is totally worth every single penny spent on it, if you quit smoking forever. Honestly!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

I agree with the same price of cigs. My problem is, I just had surgery, can't drive. I do not have my own money..we actually are behind on everything. My hubby ofcourse is the one bringing home cigarettes. He keeps buying them a pack at a time, says we don't have money but its much more expenseive to buy a pack at a time. Anyway, he says we don't have the money for that all at once, and we don't.

But he doesnt' want me to quit, he's afraid I am going to try to get him to. He says when you quit you better not turn into one of those weirdo's....very frustrating.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:29 AM   #4
(female)

forthebirds HB User

Our insurance didn't cover it either. But when I went to my dr. for the script - I asked for samples, they didn't have any but said they always have coupons. The coupon she gave me was for $10 off each month. Our pharmacist asked if I wanted to use the $10 per script or all at once. Since I ALWAYS have a sensitivity to meds I opted for the "all at once" deal. Figuring, if I never had the second two scripts filled, I'd have really made out. Which is exactly what happened. The average cost for one month is $120. Since I did the entire discount, all at once - it was only $87.00. *cool* So be sure to ask your doctor.

GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Old 04-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #5
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Hey Yvette,

Did you go to the Pfizer, Chantix web page? There are ways that Pfizer can and will help someone in your situation. They may even be able to get them for free for you. On their website there is a place to click that says someting like if your ins. doesn't cover or you can't afford, click on it and see what they offer you. Can't hurt, right? Sorry I haven't talked to you all much the last week or so, been really with pt and md appts. trying to get strong enough to go back to work the end of April. Say hi to all, Lynn

Old 04-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #6
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Vette,

Where are you, haven't seen any recent posts from you. Hope everything is ok. Please check the msg. above, try to contact pfizer/chantix to get help. Seriously, smoking will not allow your back to fuze correctly or as fast. Love Ya Dear, Lynn

Old 04-06-2007, 06:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Hi lynn, I missed you buddy!! I did go their, and they won't help me cause I have medicaid. But I do have the prescription now, so when I come up with the money I can get it.

So have you quit? Tell me how the chantix is doing? Please update me.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:12 PM   #8
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Vette,

I have been quit now for the second day, feeling fine, once in a while I get an urge, just chew on a straw or take a deep breath and it passes. There isn't anything that they could do? Did you tell them that your ins. doesn't cover it? I know that they can still offer steep discounts. Call them again and be more assertive, let them know that you just had back surgery and dh is disabled, give them the whole story, maybe they will give you a steep discount. I know they do it, the web site said they do. Oh yeah, I've also lost 12 lbs!! Sorry I haven't been on the boards much recently, have had many md appts and pt started. I'm usually so worn out by the appts and driving that I come home and go to sleep. Be persistant with them Vette, I am sure that they can help you, like I said, just let them know all of the stuff you all are going through now and hopefully that will make a difference. If not, ask for a supervisor and tell them what is going on. I bet it works for you, I remember you saying you are a type A, so I know you can get it done.
TTULTR, Lynn

Old 04-08-2007, 09:09 AM   #9
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Just moving this up vette so you can find it when you check in. Lynn

Happy Easter!

Old 04-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Lynn, how in the hell did you loose weight to???? They said the offer discounts to people with no insurance, I have medicaid so I don't qualify but can check again. please keep me updated buddy. miss u. vette

Old 04-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #11
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User

Vette, I am seeing a gastric md to help me loose weight. Since I am already over weight and had the herniated disc. It just made sense to me to quit. I told someone that my md said smoking causes fusions to either not heal or heal very slowly. That goes for other surgeries, I've been told that by other md's but I guess this time it sunk in. I quit on 4-5-07 at about 10:00pm. so I guess that makes the first day non smoking 4-6-07. The first four days weren't that bad, yesterday and today I have been having a really hard time. I either want to go out and buy a pack or raid the junk food section at the grocery store. I haven't been too good the last two days with the diet, so it may no longer be 12 lbs. I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon. Chantix definately works, like I said, no problem the first four days, I here that nicotine is gone from the body by three days, so maybe I am struggeling with the emotional and mental withdraw. Who knows right. I can't believe that Pfizer won't help you even with a discount due to your situation. That just isn't right. See if you can get your MD to write a letter of medical necessity. You should copy it and also write an appeal to your ins. and send them both in. (keep copies for yourself) I've heard that a lot of times by the third time a pt. sends an appeal to their ins. co., a lot of times they go ahead and approve it. Apparantly by the third appeal, it gets into the higher up's hands. If you end up calling Pfizer, see if they will give you a list of ins. that does cover it and send that to them too, they like to keep up with the Jones', don't want to loose business ya know? I know it seems like a lot of work to go through, I am doing all of those things now to get the ER bill paid by ins. and that was the advise given to me. So maybe it will work for you too. I've missed you too, just been so busy and tired, md appts, pt appts, physiatrist and massage appts and having to drive to all of them, I just get home and crash. I'l try to do better with posting and keeping up with everyone. Luv Ya and will ttultr, Lynn Smoke free for 6 whole days!!

Last edited by ustalaughalot; 04-11-2007 at 09:33 PM.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #12
(female)

Mittens_Kittens HB User

Hey Guys,

The American Cancer Society has a Quitline® tobacco cessation program where my husband got two months of Chantix for 25% of the retail price. You call and talk to a counselor a couple of times, and they can authorize a local representative to issue you a voucher to take to the pharmacy. Their number is 1-800-227-2345. The program may vary a bit from state to state.

My husband is on his eighth day of not smoking after 40 years of 2-3 packs a day. He says he couldn't have done it without Chantix.

Mittens_Kittens

Closed Thread