It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

Brenda82560 HB User
Could you use a laugh?

Okay, I'm gonna share my story of the little lost pill. Maybe it will bring a smile to your face as it does mine now as I write this and relive the moments of panick and then glee from this mornings "adventure". Here it goes...

Every morning as I prepare to leave for work I fix something lite to take with me on the road to eat. There is No Way I'm gonna take my chantix on an empty stomach ever again. So this morning was no different. I popped a sour dough bagel in the toaster, got my daily dosage which I cut in half, got my water and waited for the toaster to pop. Then out the door I went with everything in hand. Once in my car I carefully placed the half of my chantix on the center cosole being ever so cautious about the exact placement of it directly in the center so as not to let it slide off. Then as I began my drive, I then started eating my breakfast occassionally looking down to check that my pill was still safely in it's place. Well, upon finishing my bagel and glancing down for a peek again, to my horror my pill was gone!!! I cannot even express to you the sheer panick that came over me at the loss of my pill. I immediately found a place to pull over and started a full fledged search for it's whereabouts, but to no avail! I was crushed! I'm sure I looked like a lunatic to every passer by but I didn't care. I have electric seats and moved the passenger seat backwards and forwards in my efforts but still NO PILL!! I had so many thoughts of failure running through my head. I just knew that if I didn't get my pill that I would be a smoker again before the end of the day! I even considered going back home to get the other half even though I would be extremely late for work. But, I continued on and once safely in the parking garage made one more search and to my surprise...found my pill! I was sooooo happy that I let out a loud whoop totally uncaring of who might be within earshot. I promptly popped that pill and had the biggest grin walking the distance from the garage into the building. Then it hit me! Through that whole ordeal...I had not once actually wanted a cigarette! I was just panicking over the IDEA of wanting a cigarette later! Is that not cool?

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the story and it goes without saying that I won't be leaving my pill "lying around" any more!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
(female)

Fibrana HB User
Re: Could you use a laugh?

That's hilarious Brenda!!!!!!!

I'm the same way right now with my inhaler!!! LOL I'm so used to always having a cigarette pack on me, that the inhaler and the package it's in is kind of same for now.

I daresay we are becoming addicted to our crutches now!!!! LOL

Old 04-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #3
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Hi Brenda - thanks for sharing that hilarious story. Yeah, I can just see you doing that too - because I could see me doing it! I did that when I was taking the Chantix too - I hid the sleeve in my purse in the zipper compartment where you normally keep your "personal" items, so nobody sees them. Well, I had popped the pill out of the plastic casing (which isn't an easy task to do by the way) trying to hide it in my desk drawer, and I had someone walk in, well I dropped everything - so they wouldn't see what I was doing. Couldn't find the darned thing - dumped the whole drawer out, the purse, and everything. Well I finally found it....and you're right - what a relief it was!! The fear of the unkown - what would happen if I didn't take it?? Would I be bumming a smoke by the end of the day?? LOL - thanks for sharing....laughing is good!!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
(female)

Brenda82560 HB User

I know..I know!!! I feel like such a dork now that I've calmed down from the ordeal. And it really WAS an ordeal to me at the time....lol

Old 04-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
(female)

Trish M&M HB User

Brenda: GREAT story!!

Old 04-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
(male)

Kevin__ HB User

That was priceless Brenda. LOL

Congratulations on your quit and welcome to this board!!! You sound like a terrific success story.

Kevin__

Old 04-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Brenda, Skimmer, Sara,
LOL!!! HAHAHA!!
Thanks for sharing!! I needed that!

Memaw

Old 04-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #8
(female)

Brenda82560 HB User

Hey thanks Kevin!

And glad you all enjoyed the story!

I'm so glad to be here and still doing well thanks to all of you and the wonderful support!

Closed Thread