It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User
Question 6 days quit, why is it getting harder???

confused: Hi everyone, it has now been 6 days quit!!! The first four were easy except for the double vision on days one and two. I seem to be having a serious problem , I know that the nicotine is out of my system , I think my battle now is with the emotional and mental addiction. I've also been on a MD supervised diet, have done well with it since starting 4-1-07, but the last two days I have really either wanted to go out and buy a pack of cigs. or raid the junk food isle at the grocery store. My brain knows that I can't do either, but the rest of me is like oh ya? Watch me. I was pumping gas this afternoon, the car that pulled up next to me had a cig. in his hand. I almost went over to him to ask if I could buy a cig. from him, is this sad or what. Anyone else notice that after day 4 it got tougher, I haven't caved on the cigs. but the desire is train recking my diet. Another question, it you get grossed out, stop reading now. I haven't had a really good bm for days, it has been more like giant rabbit pellets, maybe 6 or 7 at a time. I have always had a constipation problem, could Chantix be the cause? I am on other meds for a recent back surgery and a fat blocker from the diet md. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have already chewed the heck out of a straw, didn't taste good, but was about the size of a cig. so I think that helped the first few days, maybe I should get another straw..Thanks, Usta

Last edited by ustalaughalot; 04-11-2007 at 11:01 PM. Reason: change title

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User
Re: 6 days quit, why is it getting harder???

Hi Usta!
Hang in there!! It will get better. Promise!! You will find each day will be different. So what you are feeling today, will be different from tomorrow.
The cravings will pass whether you smoke or not. So let it pass without smoking!!!!!
mangojunky posted something about a body cleanse on the "Food" thread that you might be interested in. It deals with the constipation. That is a very common side effect of the Chantix.
Did you make you some cigarette straws? Cut the straw about the size of a cigarette. Stuff it with enough cotton so that it has about the same draw as a cigarette. Keep them all over the place. In the car. In the kitchen. By the couch. Go down the road with one in your mouth. Can't look any sillier than a cigarette hanging out your mouth.
Someone said they liked to sing while in the car. Loud!! Put on a cd that you can really get in to. Or if you are in my age group, the oldie station on the radio plays stuff to sing along to that reminds me of my youth!!

Good luck to you!!

Memaw

Old 04-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User
Re: Hi all, haven't posted recently...

Thanks Memaw,

I apprecite the support. It really is hard to diet , quit smoking and heal from back surgery. Atleast 3 of the meds I take can cause you to gain weight plus quitting smoking causes a lot of people to gain weight. The weight gain thing has been my crutch for not quitting forever. I am already overweight, you know, the middle age spread? So this was a hard decision for me to make, to quit smoking. My surgeon said that I won't heal as well if I keep on smoking so that finally got my attention. He also said that smoking speeds up the de-hydration of the disc's in a persons back which can cause them to have back trouble sooner than the average person. I never want to go through the back thing again hense dieting and quitting smoking at the same time. The cotton stuffed straws sound like a good idea, I think I just might do that. Thanks Memaw!, Usta

Closed Thread