It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
(female)

FLOYD03 HB User
Smile I Am Doing It But Man This Is Not Easy!

Well, now on day 64 (not counting the one day slip....that is all it was...a little oops!). I am using the patch and went back to Step one until I am READY this time for Step 2. Right now I am not but hopefully soon!!
Sometimes I want sooooo much to have a butt. I get so frustrated with my husband and bitchy as heck (I don't know how he hasn't THROWN a pack at me by now!!!). All in all though I am usually very civil and if I get too anxious I take an Ativan for the anxiety (I take it for my seizures so I have it if I need it..........and good thing!!).
I quite once before and made it for 2 years and the first 3 months were really rough and the next 3 were better and then after that I was home free so I do know it takes time and to give up the great fight FOR my life now would be foolish (I have to keep saying that!!!).
I don't want wrinkles either!!
Good thing to do when I crave is drink a big glass of water, something about it that makes the urge go away (maybe that "cleansing feeling?") Whatever it is it does help!!! I can't chew gum or eat candy because of braces so that kinda stinks.
Again, you guys rock and the support and reading I get on this site is wonderful, wonderful!

K

Old 04-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #2
(female)

Trish M&M HB User
Re: I Am Doing It But Man This Is Not Easy!

Keep up the good work, K!! You're doing great!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2007, 08:48 AM   #3
(female)

Fibrana HB User

Hi K,

Hang in there!!!! I'm a little discouraged by reading that it is still hard after 60 days or so! LOL I'm only on Day 9 on the patch and inhaler. Do I still have months of cravings to go through?

Have you ever tried the inhaler? I just love it and only use it around 3 times a day when my urges are really strong.

S.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

FLOYD03,
Congratulations on 64 ('cuse one) days.
Keep repeating Smoking is no longer an option. That phrase and deep breaths helped me as much as anything.
Good Luck to you!!

Sherry,
The 64 days is just over two months. And yes, at two months you still get strong cravings/urges. It was during my 5th month that I went a full day without having one urge to smoke. But it is different for each person. Some longer, some shorter.
You are doing really good. Keep it up!!

Memaw

Old 04-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Congratulations K!! Floyd03, 64 days quit is awesome!!! It does get easier as the days and months go on. Keep up the good work and keep coming back and let us know how it's going. I used the patch too.

Oh gosh, what an awful color! lol

Last edited by SanyBelle; 04-13-2007 at 04:33 PM.

Closed Thread