It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

michele1975 HB User
Fell off the wagon!

Well after only 5 days I started back up smoking and I'm so disappointed. I was using the patch and it worked great the first few days but after that all I thought about was smoking and ended up very depressed. I'm going to keep trying over the weekend and will call the doctor Monday to see about the prescription. Sorry to let you all down.

Congratulations to all you who've quit!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
(female)

Trish M&M HB User
Re: Fell off the wagon!

Michele: Over the years, I've fallen off the wagon several times. I expect the majority on this Board would tell you the same thing. I know it's disappointing, but don't be too hard on yourself. You want to quit and that's a step in the right direction. Chantix has been a "magic pill" for me. I hope it works for you.

Good Luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

It's completely normal to go through a depression after quitting because you basically gave up your nearest and dearest friend whose been with you through thick and thin for the last x amount of years that would depress anyone. I quit cold turkey and I was mood swing Molly for about 3 months. Just pick your self up and dust your self off and start again no finger pointing here, we've all been there.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

It's completely normal to go through a depression after quitting because you basically gave up your nearest and dearest friend whose been with you through thick and thin for the last x amount of years that would depress anyone. I quit cold turkey and I was mood swing Molly for about 3 months. Just pick your self up and dust your self off and start again no finger pointing here, we've all been there.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Hi Michele,
Darlin' you didn't let us down. Nicodemon just got to you!!
Dave has a saying....You don't fail until you quit trying. Or something like that. So please don't quit trying.

I wished I could tell you how often I tried to quit. I had used the patch more than once, tried the wellbutrin, tried cold turkey many times. Honey, I was never able to make it ONE day without a cigarette!!!
So don't be too hard on yourself. Just don't quit trying!! It will happen.

Is there anyone here that quit on their first try? If it is, that is very unusual and you are to be congratulated!! I've read where it usually take numerous tried before someone is successful. Before my Mama died her doctor told her she needed to quit smoking. Mama told her, "I can do that. I've done it 5 times before."

Please let us know how you are doing. Keep coming to this message board even while you are smoking. It will help give you inspiration to quit!!

Good Luck to you!!

Memaw

Old 04-14-2007, 06:17 PM   #6
(female)

michele1975 HB User

Thank you for your support. I am definately going to keep trying. I have tried a couple times but this was one of the longest times so maybe that's a good thing, right?

First time I quit cold turkey and that lasted 12 years so why can't I cut it this time? Granted I wasn't as heavy as a smoker then.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Michele, don't even think of this fall, just get back on the wagon. Many smokers, me included, quit many times... the demon is just so strong . You will be able to quit, even if it takes you 100 times, so what??? The important think is that you want to quit, you are trying and eventually you will quit 100%. I believe in you. Keep coming back here, this is a wonderful support group. We don't scold, we help.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:23 AM   #8
(female)

michele1975 HB User
Re: Fell off the wagon! (updated)

Well I had a total of 6 cigarettes yesterday and didn't have my usual "before bed cigarette". I smoked about half a cigarette this morning and it was so gross I couldn't finish it so I put the patch back on and am back at trying to quit!

Thank you all for your encouraging words.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thumbs up Re: Fell off the wagon! (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michele1975 View Post
...I put the patch back on and am back at trying to quit!
Yeah, good going Michele!!!

Old 04-15-2007, 01:05 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

SiiouteSapphire HB User
Cool Re: Fell off the wagon! (updated)

Michele--we all have had times in the past like yours in our attempts to QUIT. Few people make the QUIT first or even second time trying. The good thing is you are back and trying again. I wish for you the best.

What are your reasons for wanting to QUIT? It helps me to keep those in mind. Keep us posted on your progress.

Michelle---for not giving up! Yeah!

As you go forward, may the angels be with you.

Sapphire

Old 04-15-2007, 06:28 PM   #11
(female)

michele1975 HB User

Thank you all so much for your encouraging words. I haven't even had a craving today (except the one this morning) but I know it will happen and I'm prepared to deal with them. If I could feel like this everyday it would be awesome!! You are all so great and I'm glad I found you

Old 04-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Michele,
Good for you!! I'm so happy that you got right back on your quit!! That shows such determination.
Have you gone to smokefree.gov? It offers lots of good tips to help you quit. The forever free booklets can be downloaded to your computer and you can read them when you get a chance. They really helped me!!
Practice your coping skills when the urge hits. Drink lots of water and juice. Exercise when you can. Keep your hands busy. Go places where smoking is not allowed.

Keep a postitive attitude. Good Luck to you!!

Memaw

Old 04-16-2007, 01:01 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User

Michele
With determination like yours you are sure to succeed because it sounds like you REALLY want to quit and at the end of the day that is the most important ingredient in long term success.
GOOD LUCK

Old 04-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #14
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Michele:

Keep up that "quit" spirit you got - and you will do fine. You have to want it bad enough to make it happen. You can do it. We've all tried to quit - many, many times before. Did you say you quit for 12 years!! My goodness!! That's a very long time to quit, to start up again......

I wish you the best in your quit, you will be fine - just keep coming back here to your friends for support...

I have been quit 7 weeks now!! WOO HOO!!

Old 04-16-2007, 06:50 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer;2***926
I have been quit 7 weeks now!! WOO HOO!!
Wow! Congratulations Skimmer!!!

Closed Thread