It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
(female)

ladybug03 HB User
Question Chantix...how do you deal with...

hello. I am on day 6 of taking Chantix. Still smoking. Planned quit day is day 12.

I have a rather "indelicate" question to ask, but thought that maybe someone here could help me out? I have been reading posts and notice that constipation is a side effect. Yup it is. Do you take OTC stuff to help out or what? Feel kind of foolish asking this but don't want to take anything that might interfere with the Chantix or cause problems. Also really don't want to call the Dr. to ask.

Have also noticed that I am feeling sort of "monotone", for lack of a better word. No highs or lows, just kind of "there". (Although at times I do feel sort of weepy.) Is this also common?
ladybug

Last edited by ladybug03; 04-17-2007 at 03:09 PM.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
(female)

Trish M&M HB User
Re: Chantix...how do you deal with...

Hi LadyBug: Yes, I had constipation at the very beginning. I took Correctol (2 of them at one time) - an OCT - and everything got all better. But....I also changed my eating habits. I've always detested brocilli and cauliflower, but I've been eating it (raw) ever since I quit and have actually come to like it. I replaced junk food with bulkier stuff. You might want to add more (right much more) high fiber foods.

And yes...I was like a zombie for 11 days when starting the Chantix. Things changed on the afternoon of the 11th and I've never felt better in my life.

Let us know how things are going. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
(female)

ladybug03 HB User

Trish and Sara, thanks so much for your replies.

Actually I love brocholli and cauliflower! Guess I need to make a trip to the grocery store. (course I need dip to go with it too!)

Thanks also for letting me know that the "zombie" feeling is not unusual. It is so NOT like me. I sure don't enjoy the feeling, but am still taking my Chantix.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:51 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Hi ladybug,
The constipation was a problem for me the entire 12 weeks. I took milk of mag. a few times. I also took metamusil every day and increased my fiber and bran. I ate prunes (which I happen to like!). Drank as much fluids as I could and walked when the weather allowed. I did everything I could think of and still had a problem and had to take a laxative every so often. I really dislike having to do that!! But I felt soooooo much better afterwards!!

Good Luck to you!!

Memaw

Old 04-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

SiiouteSapphire HB User

What Memaw wrote is exactly what my Doctor prescribed. For the laxative I will on occasion use Correctol, it works.

Sapphire

Closed Thread