It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
(female)

amy_nicole HB User
Newbie!!

Hello all!! Well I have been taking Chantix for 3 weeks and haven't smoked in 2 weeks!!!YAAAAYY

Chantix is great. I don't crave a cig hardly at all. Mostly just have the urge out of habit, but that passes quickly. I do find myself reaching for my cigs and I just kinda laugh that off. My biggest problem is all of the nervous energy and not knowing what to do with myself. I did not realize what a big part of my life was dedicated to smoking. What do nonsmokers do during the smoke breaks?!!? I cant eat a candy bar everyday at break, I'll weigh a ton!!!LOL
Everyday, I find something that amuses me about not smoking. I can smell my shampoo, I can sit through a movie at the theater, and most recently, my boyfriend and I (he quit too) went out to dinner at and sat in the non-smoking section. It is like a different world!!!!!
Anyway, I do actually have a question for Chantix users--the 1 mg pill makes me nauseous even if I eat. Has anyone tried taking half a pill twice a day or maybe just the 1 mg pill in the morning?

Thanks for letting me ramble. I can't help it with all this nervous energy and newly found idle time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 12:13 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User
Re: Newbie!!

Hi amy nicole!
Welcome to the message board!! So glad you're here!!

Congratulations on being smoke free for 2 weeks!! YIPPY!!!
I cut my pills in half. Took them breakfast, lunch, supper and bedtime.
Cut my nausea in half and was able to continue taking the Chantix.
Others have done it a little different than me and it worked for them.

For a while I still took my smoking break, but I ate fruit or peanuts. I loved the peanuts. But would just eat a small handfull and would usually only eat them once or twice a day. I loved the oranges. A couple of times I had raw veggies.

Isn't it wonderful to be able to take a deep breath? For me it is. Before if I tried that, I would end up coughing my head off, then peeing on myself because I was coughing so hard. I no longer pee on myself!!!

You come here and ramble all you want to! It's good for you!!!!

Good Luck to you!

Memaw

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 01:00 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User

Hi amy nicole
You are doing brilliantly. Two weeks is over the worst so keep us posted and CONGRATS

Old 04-18-2007, 03:56 AM   #4
(female)

mangojunky HB User

Hi Amy Nichole,
CONGRATS on being 2 weeks FREE!
Great job!
Have you been exercising? That was a tremendous help to me, and helps burn off nervous energy and stress. I took on a painting project ( a room in our house) when I quit, and that was a great help at night - hardest part of the day for me.
Keep up the great work!
deb

Old 04-18-2007, 04:45 AM   #5
(female)

Trish M&M HB User

Hi Amy: WOW -- you're doing great!! It's obvious from your post that you're happy and pleased w/ yourself. And how neat that you and your boyfriend quit together. Awesome

Old 04-18-2007, 08:41 AM   #6
(female)

Karen1711 HB User

Congratulations!You are doing great! I think that's so wonderful that you and your boyfriend were able to quit together. My husband and I quit together on Chantix but he started smoking again. He gained 20 pounds so I think he would have been better off not quitting in the first place. He says he will try again...which is good.

Keep up the good work!

Karen...2 months, 1 week, 1 day=Smoke Free

Old 04-18-2007, 06:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_nicole View Post
... and haven't smoked in 2 weeks!!!YAAAAYY
A big YAAAAYY to you and your bf amy_nicole!! And welcome to our little (getting bigger each day) Quitter's Club!!! Keep coming back!!!

I used to go outside at 10:15 am and 3:00 pm, you could set your watch to it.... well sometimes at work I still go out then and just take a 5 minute walk... it helped me so much in the beginning... but don't walk into the path of any smokers.

Closed Thread