It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
(female)

lucall HB User
HELP I HAVE QUIT FOR 6 Weeks!!!!

Hi there I have quit for 6 weeks ok, but now here is the scoop. You can say not really though because I have been on commit 2mg longenzes. Now here is my problem. I am addicted to these stupid things. I don't want to go off of them and I have not followed the directions. Sometimes I will take 2 in a row. I don't want to go back to smoking Yuck don't want them. But I don't see me wanting to quit these commit pills. I love them and the feeling it gives me. I have got knumb on my left side face a bit but, I think that is caused from my TMJ not sure. Am I safe just to keep on taking these? I don't want no pills, gum, patch for I know I will fell. Tried some of them didn't work for me. But I know if I can't take commit I will go back to smoking. ANY IDEAS HERE??? Frusterated I am..

Old 04-20-2007, 07:20 AM   #2
(female)

Fibrana HB User
Re: HELP I HAVE QUIT FOR 6 Weeks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy ball View Post
Hi there I have quit for 6 weeks ok, but now here is the scoop. You can say not really though because I have been on commit 2mg longenzes. Now here is my problem. I am addicted to these stupid things. I don't want to go off of them and I have not followed the directions. Sometimes I will take 2 in a row. I don't want to go back to smoking Yuck don't want them. But I don't see me wanting to quit these commit pills. I love them and the feeling it gives me. I have got knumb on my left side face a bit but, I think that is caused from my TMJ not sure. Am I safe just to keep on taking these? I don't want no pills, gum, patch for I know I will fell. Tried some of them didn't work for me. But I know if I can't take commit I will go back to smoking. ANY IDEAS HERE??? Frusterated I am..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2007, 07:22 AM   #3
(female)

Fibrana HB User

Hi Lucy,

I can understand your dilemma. I'll be scared to not use patches anymore!

I'm not sure where you live, but are you able to get the nicotine inhaler? My girlfriend and I quit together on April 4th and we LOVE the inhaler. Just use it when you need it. It's almost like smoking! I couldn't have managed my quit without the inhaler.

Good luck to you whatever you decide.

S.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

HI Lucy Ball,
I remember reading of someone else that got addicted to to the lozenges. I think they were on them for a couple of years!! Or maybe that was the gum. Now that I think about it, that's what it was.
But either one is better than smoking!!

If you want to become nicotine free, you are going to have to give them up.
It's your choice. I believe they recommend you take them no longer than 12 weeks. And if you continue to need them past that, you need to contact your doctor. I'm not sure what will happen if you take them longer than that.

Good Luck to you!
Memaw

Old 04-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Congrats on quitting lucall! I say stay on the lozenges as long as you need to (within reason of course).... if it takes an extra month, so what... you are not inhaling that nasty cigarette smoke into your lungs!

Same thing Fibrana, I used the patch for about a month longer than directed... but my doc said that it's much better to use a patch than to smoke...

You two will eventually stop the Nicotine Replacement, you won't even notice but you will begin to forget using the patch/lozenge... and then you will be off completely! That happened to this diehard smoker!!

Happy Saturday!

Last edited by SanyBelle; 04-23-2007 at 10:35 AM.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #6
(female)

lucall HB User

Thanks again for the response anymore advice I will take it. Thanks

Old 04-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Drink lots of water.

Walk every day.

Come here for encouragement every day.

After eating, do the dishes instead of craving a cig.

Breathe deeply if you have a craving.

Eat apples, carrots... good things.... but every once in awhile, get that chocolate bar.

Reward yourself on big anniversaries! 6 weeks is a big anniversary.

Kick that old Nicodemon in the butt! (LOL, I made a funny)

Old 04-23-2007, 05:41 AM   #8
(female)

Izzy51 HB User

Hey Lucall! I quit 5 1/2 months ago using Commit Lozenge. Never tried quitting before. 2 1/2 packs for 35 years!! I was using the 4mg. cherry flavored lozenge. Cut down to 3 a day at 2 months. Learned to keep in side of mouth for like an hour. Totally loved them (Addicted)!! At three months you were supposed to cut down to none. I cut from 4mg to 2mg( and still used 3 times a day for another 2 1/2 weeks.) Thought that would help me quit. Met a woman still using them for almost 3 years- 3 times a day. WHOA!! I didn't want to still be doing that..what if they stop making them...what if I can't get them...blah blah...Got yelled at by my best friend-you're still using them-you're addicted to them!! Sorry for rambling...I stopped right then. Can't keep cutting down with them -you'll still keep using them. Yes It was REAL TOUGH to quit. I really enjoyed them-and that's why I quit. Cinnamon candy and gum has helped me. Anyway I stopped them 2 months ago-and I still have almost a whole container left!! You can quit- yes ,there is a withdrawal! Good luck!! Karen.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #9
(female)

lucall HB User

Thanks for the good advice and thanks.. I'll keep hanging in there. Gee they are good though.

Closed Thread