It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

janpo1 HB User
4th day on Chantix

Well this morning makes my fourth day of taking Chantix. Today i will start my second pill doseage.

Mornings are still very bad for me. The computer must be my trigger so i have a feeling i'm going to have to quit the computer in the mornings. I'm ok at work on it since i know i can't smoke anyways.

I have a very "mellow" feeling. I haven't cut back as much as i'd like on cigs but i am noticing that i am not getting the good feeling that i used to have when i smoke them.

It's been 2 hours now without a ciggy and if i wasn't on the chantix i'd be pulling my hair out wanting one. I usually go out with another co-worker every hour. She buzzed me this morning asking me if i wanted to go out with her. She know's i started the Chantix earlier this week. I told her no i really wasn't ready. Her reply was are you going to try and hold off another hour? I said~ it's really not holding off. I honestly am not craving one. It's more mental than anything and that's what i've got to get past.

I did do the cut the straw thing this morning and stuffed the end with cotton to see if it could cut me back on the amount i seem to want in the mornings. it didn't. I'm hoping this 2 pill a day doseage will help me with the morning cravings that seem so bad.

Again~ i'm very thankful to have found this board and it just seems so friendly!

I will keep you posted what happens.

I want to be a non-smoker!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

theycallmemom HB User
Re: 4th day on Chantix

Day 3 for me - havent noticed much - not sleeping well is about it
I havent cut back on smoking at all, but do notice I dont seem to be thinking about smoking either.

The plan for today is clean my bedroom top to botom and make it a no smoking room - then tomorrow the living room and the house becomes a no smoking house. Those are the only rooms I really ever smoke in -

Am hoping that when I go on the next dosage I start to feel more like what ppl here have described, not wanting to smoke.

For me I think the habit is gonna be so hard to break, cause I light up automatically - dont even think about it. So Im thinking about it today - trying to be really aware of when Im lighting up.

Yea!!!! good for you Janpo!!! Im watching your progress!!! 2 hours is awesome in my book!! Let me know if you start to have more side effects after you take your second dose today

Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

janpo1 HB User

Thank you so much!

I'm going on 3 hours now and still steady as can be. Still very very mellow.

You know the feeling you get when you take nyquil? That's what i feel like right now. It's not a bad feeling and i'm able to function. I think it's doing it's job and taking the edge off.

If things keep up like this I may just be able to do my quit date as Tuesday. I wasn't really concerned about exactly which day i quit because i've read so much about other people and how they extended their quit day.

I wish i could clean my house also and make it non-smoking but.....my husband still smokes. This is going to be double hard. But it's also double my effort to make it work. If i quit i have a very good feeling he will quit also. He quit Cold turkey years ago and started smoking 2 yrs later. Dumb dumb dumb! Once i'm rid of this demon i am rid of it. I am not going to go through this again.

I am getting that feeling of not wanting to smoke. It's more like a feeling of I'd like to have a smoke but i honestly don't need one.

Hang in there theycallmemom. Were so close and i'm so anxious to hear your experiences also.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:16 PM   #4
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Hey Mom and Janpo - welcome to the non-smokers, quitters club! Glad you could join us. Today marks my 8 weeks quit. I still can't believe it. You will get there too - reading your posts makes me remember when I first quit. Counting down the hours and minutes since I last smoked. I was so excited to report that first week down. Then it got easier and easier and smoking is no longer even a fleeting thought for me. It's the habit and lifestyle changes that are tough....especially if you were a long-time smoker. Those habits of smoking everywhere, all the time, is tough - but you can do it!

Just keep reporting on your progress - and let everyone know how you're doing and how you're feeling. This board is great support - when no one else knows what your going thru - we all do!! Because we've been there - done that - and are now NON-SMOKERS FOREVER!

Last edited by Skimmer; 04-20-2007 at 05:17 PM.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:24 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

theycallmemom HB User

Thanks Skinner - I am so glad I found you all! Problem now is I am kicking my kids off the computer to pop in here and get a lil fix lol

But as far as Im concerned - whatever it takes!

Old 04-21-2007, 10:11 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

janpo1,
Hi!
Sounds like the Chantix is working for you!! It won't be long now!! Aren't you excited!!? And nervous, too? I wasn't just nervous, I was down right scared!!
I had no idea what to expect with the Chantix. I thought it would probably be like some of the other things I used in the past.(with no success!!!)
The Chantix worked for me. It will work for you too. It already is. The day before I quit (day 8) I only smoked 8 cigarettes that day. And the only reason I smoked them was because that was when I always smoked, not because I NEEDED them. I was just scared, that's all.

mom, don't get discouraged yet. You've still got a few days to go before you start feeling any effects from the Chantix. It didn't kick in for me until about day 7. Day 8 I really noticed a big difference. So on day 9 I quit.

Ya'll please keep posting. It really helps others that are going through the same thing. Especially the lurkers. Your posts just might infulence someone to quit smoking. How awesome is that?

Memaw

Closed Thread