It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Thumbs up Hi to all the new Quitters!

Hi there, I've noticed a lot of new quitters that have joined in the past couple of days. I just want to say:

Congratulations and Welcome to the Quitter's Club!!

I can't stop and say hi to everyone right now, I have work to do ... I will be back later tonight..... Please introduce yourselves if you'd like!!

Old 04-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

theycallmemom HB User
Re: Hi to all the new Quitters!

Hi, day 3 on Chantix for me. My name is Renee, live in Alabama. I am married have 6 kids ( daughter 22, adopted son 19, triplet son and two daughters that are 19 and an 18 year old daughter) I also have adog named Teddy.

My sister told me about Chantix a couple weeks ago, and I have tried just about everything else there is, nothing has ever worked for me, I quit a couple times by various means, but ended up back smoking within a week or two. I have no willpower!

I had a heart attack and bypass surgery at age 27! My sister, younger then me had a stent put in at the end of last month at age 40! Have a real strong family history of heart disease.

I want so much to get rid of this monkey on my back!!! I am escited and terrified all at the same time

So glad to have found this board and hope I can give half as much support as you all have already given me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

True Brit HB User

Welcome Renee
Sounds like you really need to kick the habit. Chantix and this board will help. Be sure to get lots of support from that great big family of yours and come here often. Everyone here understands and will help if you need it.
GOOD LUCK

Old 04-21-2007, 03:36 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

janpo1 HB User

Hi!

I'm jan~ I'm from ohio where i live with my husband and my shelter dog Molly. I have two grown daughters who live out on their own.

I have been smoking for 30 yrs and it's past time to quit. I honestly never tried before. I'm excited , nervous and anxious all at the same time.

I will be on my 5th dose of Chantix this morning. For the first time i took 2 pills yesterday on my 4th day.

No really bad side effects at all. Just tired. I feel very tired. Not sure when i'm going to do my quit date but it will be next week i'm hoping. I'm still smoking but not near as much as before.

I just want to be rid of this demon forever and be in charge of my own life!

Old 04-21-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Welcome Renee & Jan!! Good for you both to have decided to become non-smokers. I am 44 yrs old and have smoked for about 20 yrs - and it was so easy quitting with Chantix.....I hope you have an easy time too.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Welcome Mom and Jan! Say goodbye to that demon!!! Keep coming back here!

Hey there Skimmer, I went to MS mall in MI today and I didn't have a craving at all... Macys was having a great sale!!!

Old 04-21-2007, 10:33 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Hi Renee,
I understand now why they call you mom!!!

I too had used various other methods to quit. But nothing ever worked for me. The Chantix did. I was as surprised as anyone about that!! I'm hoping it will work for you!

I hope your family is behind you cheering you on. If it hadn't been for my family, I don't know if I would have quit. Wouldn't have had the motivation.

Jan, if you want your energy level to come up you need to start doing some exercises. I started walking. It really helped me to not feel so tired. For an entire month, I laid on my couch. I had zero energy. Had to make myself get up and start walking. The lethergy was from the nicotine withdrawal and the Chantix.

Ya'll are doing so good!!

Memaw

Old 04-22-2007, 03:53 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

janpo1 HB User

I do walk everyday. I have a dog that needs walked every morning so we get a little over a half miles in the mornings.

I also work full time and don't get home until after 6 pm at night.

Mornings are still the hardest for me. When i finally toss these cigs out for good i see it happening in the afternoon.

Once i have a day of no cig's under my belt i doubt that i'll want to blow my record and just stay smoke free.

Old 04-22-2007, 07:06 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

theycallmemom HB User

Thanks for the welcomes (sorry bout the taboo post) anyway - morning will be harest for me too - and I think right before bed.

This is day 5 for me, had gotten an upset stomache with the first second dose yesterday but not real bad...will make sure I take it with food tonight.

Still not felling a whole lot different,though hubby says he thinks I am smoking less. I am able to put off having a smoke, which I have not been able to do for a long long while.

Hows day 6 going Janpo

Old 04-22-2007, 07:51 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

janpo1 HB User

It's going ok~ mornings the same~ hardest time. I can hardly taste the ciggy but i still want them. I have hardly been on the computer in the mornings when i get up because i know that's a trigger.

Like i said~ i think when i toss them out for good it will actually be easier on me than knowing that they are in the house. My quit date is supposed to be tuesday.

I think my body is building up the meds. I used to feel a buzz when i took it but i really don't anymore.

I see me quitting at work. To me that's the easiest time to do it and once i have that many hours under my belt i hope i don't look back.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janpo1 View Post
My quit date is supposed to be tuesday.
Awesome janpo1!! Here are a few for your quit!

Old 04-22-2007, 08:41 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Jan,
I knew if I could just not smoke that first cigarette of the day that I could do it. That was soooo hard, but I made it. I had never done that before. I had never been a whole day without a cigarette in 40 years. I was in the hospital and I was smoking!! I had a baby and I was smoking!! Back then you could do stuff like that. They didn't know what they know now. But it was more mentally hard for me than physically hard. I'm kinda set in my ways and that was going against what I was used to doing.
I'll be thinking about on Tuesday!! I know you are strong enough to do it!!

Good Luck to you!!!!
Memaw

Old 04-23-2007, 02:31 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

janpo1 HB User

Yep~ your exactly right memaw. That first ciggy of the day regardless how bad it tastes or would taste right now i feel i need. I have to remember that right about now if i were smoking i'd be coughing my head off. I'm not. That is a good thing!

I had an ok day yesterday. Husband went out and got something to eat for us and i had a ciggy about an hour after we ate. It tasted horrible. I put it out and haven't had one since. That's almost 12 hours ago. I hope this is it for me. I have not had one this morning. I really don't have a physical craving for one this morning but mentally i want one. Husband gave me some plastic coffee stirrers and that helps a lot just holding it in my mouth.

I have to keep telling myself....

Smoking is not an option!!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 06:01 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Philmajor HB User

Hello,

I've been reading the posts since I started Chantix 7 days ago. I'm on day 8 and have been smoke free for 48 hours!! I have been a smoker for over 25 years and would smoke at least 1 pack per day! I can't believe how easy this has been. Sure, I've had cravings but they pass quickly if I find something to occupy my mind even if it is cleaning the house. I'm hoping I can stay smoke free and not give in to the urges. Good luck to everyone.,

Old 04-23-2007, 06:19 AM   #15
(female)

EvonneMCFC HB User

Hi All

I'm Evonne from Manchester, UK. I have been quit for 1 week at Midnight tonight (UK Time) with the help of patch & gum. My hubby quit 4 weeks ago today, with the aid of Nicotine chewing gum. He gave me the inspiration to stop smoking because I felt guilty smoking around him when he was trying so hard to kick the habit.

It's early days for me, but I feel a whole new zest for life, I feel cleaner, breathe easier and I have more money...lol....this week alone my hubby & I have saved £90 which is approx $180. That's an incentive in itself.

Congrats to all quitters

Evonne

Closed Thread