It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

theycallmemom HB User
Woohoo

I know this is gonna sound really really silly - but normally at this time a day I have about smoked an entire pack - today 8 cigs!!! Goal is to stay below a pack for the entire day - day 4 on Chantix, will take my first evening dose today, so far so good, a bit of an upset stomache on and off today, but nothing I cant handle.

Janpo????? hows it going for you????

Old 04-21-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

janpo1 HB User
Re: Woohoo

Hey mom!

Good for you!!! glad to hear things are going well! You should be taking your second dose for the first time today right?

I'm doing pretty good. I still have the pack that i opened yesterday morning and that will probably last me until tomorrow. Cigs taste stale now to me but i still seem to want them. How about for you ? Any change? Did you cut on your own or did you just seem to not to want as many?

I feel like i'm in limbo. I kind of wish that i had no cigs in the house at all because i think that will actually make it easier. Knowing i'm still on my smoking day's i think makes it harder on me.

My husband and i went out to eat this afternoon. I had a cig around 1 pm i think before he got home from work. We went out and after we ate i went to have a cig and guess what! I forgot to even put my cigs in my purse . It didn't even bother me! He lit up a cig and i had no desire to ask for one of his or even a hit off of his. Afer that we went shopping and then to another store and still i had no cig! I did have one when i came home~ i really don't know why ~ they just have no taste anymore. That was around 4:30

I like that we can compare mom. Tell me how it's going for you.

Last edited by janpo1; 04-21-2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: eta

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

theycallmemom HB User

Hey - its 6 pm here and I have smoked 11 cigs all day - normally would be closing in on finishing 2nd pack!! Was doing ok till Hubby got on my nerves - then I just smoked 2 in a row without thinking

I am trying to cut down - dont really feel much different yet using the chantix, I take my second dose of the day for the first time today - in a little bit actually - hoping once I get more of it in my system I wont want them so much....

I dont seem to be thinking about them so very much, and if I tell myself - you dont really want one, I can hold off for a bit. So thats progress - small steps!

will check in later and let ya know how it goes with the second dose.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
(female)

Skimmer HB User

JanPo and Mom - you guys are doing the right thing - picking a quit buddy and comparing notes. It really makes it easier knowing someone else is going thru this exactly as you are. I remember comparing with my sis every single hour of every single day.....we are both quit for about 8 weeks now - and are doing great.

Keep up the great work!! It will be easy and you will not regret it one second. Just keep up the willpower to be a quitter and it will happen. Easier than you ever thought possible.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Hi janpo1 and mom,
I just love reading ya'lls posts!!
I get so excited when you get excited about how the Chantix is making you forget to smoke!! I remember feeling that same way!!
It just gets better and better!!! Can't wait for ya'll to post that you've quit.

Keep it up!!!

Memaw

Closed Thread