It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
(male)

punkiishmob HB User
I was doing fine until I cut the 7mg patch in half..

I was so happy that my student health counselor told me I could cut the patch in half. And i'm even happier that the school supplies ANYONE with free patches and support goodies (anyone in southern california, i will give you her contact information, anyone can go).

I started cutting the patch in half a week ago. I was doing fine until the last few days. Cravings are back, and they SUUUUUCK! I just want one. I just want to take my patch off, smoke one, then put the patch back on. But this is my mind just *****ing with me.. and I have to learn to beat my mind senseless with the fact that this solution is not going to make me better in any way.

I even forgot my quit date = proof of how well I am doing! It's somewhere past three months. I remember it was on a Tuesday at 2:30pm though! I lost weight and gained muscle. I bought myself a camera, laptop, Disneyland with the lady, and many a fine dining dinners.

Time to fill up my 1000ml DONT SMOKE water bottle. Here's to health.
But man I hate these feelings.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Re: I was doing fine until I cut the 7mg patch in half..

I don't think you are supposed to cut the patch in half even though your student health counselor advised you to. The box of patches I used said not to use a patch if the individual patch was torn or cut.

If it was "me" punkiishmob, I'd stay on the 7mg patch until "I" was ready to come off it it, not what a counselor told me to do. Oh hey, I did that.. I stayed on the patch an extra month and eventually forgot to put a new one on some mornings... I came off the patch without really trying or knowing I did it.

And always remember, I am not a doctor so I can't tell you what to do.

Good luck to you!!

Last edited by SanyBelle; 04-23-2007 at 10:28 AM. Reason: hmmmm, why did I think you were from the UK?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
(male)

punkiishmob HB User

Knowing me I told her the best way to wean myself off as much as possible.. so she advised me to cut the patch in half.
I

I heard that it was not good either.. heard it screws with the time release.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Hi punkiishmob,
You just hang in there! And congratulations on being smoke free for over 3 months!! Man, that's great!
Don't you put one of those nasty thing in your mouth! If you do, you'll just have to go through all this all over again!! You don't want to do that.

Listen to Traveller. She's been through it. She quit using the patch. It has been almost 1 year since she had her last cigarette.

If you are still having bad cravings, you are not ready to come off the patch. Stick with it a little longer.

Good Luck to you!! Keep us posted on your progress!! Let us know if we can help. Come here and and read what others are posting. Lots of people here to inspire you!!

Memaw

Closed Thread