It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

theycallmemom HB User
Will this be my quit day???

Morning all - day 8 for me took my first blue pill this morning, and am fighting! Been a whole 3 hours - but so far so good. May be checking in hourly today lol - Not craving real bad, got ants in my pants though and am trying to keep my mind of the lil buggers. Any way, not expecting miricles today, but will keep plugging away!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 09:20 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

janpo1 HB User
Re: Will this be my quit day???

Wtg Mom and good luck!!

If it's not your quit day than it will be soon. I found for me it was easier to quit in the afternoon instead of the mornings since that was my worst time. Once i had a late afternoon and evening under my belt it made the morning easier for me. I didn't want to blow those hours i had accumulated not smoking.

Let us know how it goes!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 09:40 AM   #3
(female)

Trish M&M HB User

Mom: Sounds like you're doing great!! Chantix has been a "magic pill" for me, but it does require work. It's been worth it for me.....I'll soon be smoke free for three months!!

Good Luck to you!!

Old 04-25-2007, 10:18 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

theycallmemom HB User

sniff sniff sniff Caved after 4 hours - however, not letting it get me down! I cant remember the last time I went 4 hours without a smoke - and I only smoked half and it about made me gag!!! So - I begin agian!!!

Thanks so much for the support! Couldnt do it without all your encouraging words

Old 04-25-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Philmajor HB User

It's okay, you managed 4 hours without smoking and you only smoked 1/2

My last smoke was at 9:00am - it tasted horrible but I couldn't resist and I to only smoked about half before dousing it with water and throwing the pack away.

Don't let it get you down, you can do this but it will be the hardest thing you've every done but we're all here to help you and can all relate to how you're feeling.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

SiiouteSapphire HB User
Cool Re: Will this be my quit day???

Hi Mom!

I think the hardest part of the early days of the QUIT is finding something to do besides smoking. It truly is a lifestyle adjustment but I can assure you that it does get easier over time. You are starting out great and each day it will be easier and easier. The first week QUIT will be the toughest. Try to find ways to stay busy, especially with your hands.

Just take it one minute at a time, one hour at a time, one day at a time! You should be proud of yourself. The first two weeks of my QUIT I practically lived in here and posted almost every day. It gave me comfort and support at the same time. it also helped to pass the time.

You can do this. Best wishes.

Sapphire

Old 04-25-2007, 11:43 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

janpo1 HB User

that's ok mom~ 4 hours is great also!!

tomorrow is another day.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:16 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Jwande HB User

Theycallmemom,
I applaud you for even trying. Who says that you were supposed to quit after 1 week? Maybe you need another day or so? Good thing is that your trying again. Set another date a day or so away and keep going forward. I am on day 3 and it is true what they say - it gets easier!
Jwande

Old 04-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Mom,
You are doing so good!! For you to have been a chain smoker a week ago, look at you now!! 4 hours without a cigarette is wonderful! Just don't get discouraged!! It will happen for you maybe tomorrow or the next day or the next. I applaude you!!

Memaw

Closed Thread