It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

theycallmemom HB User
Rough day

Am feeling so depressed today, just want to cry - picked tomorrow as my quit date and things were going good, till this morning. I dont want to give up - but I dont know if I should be feeling this way either....went to a different board to ask - so far no response....

How is everyone dooing today??? Need some encouraging words here

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User
Re: Rough day

Mom,
Oh I agree with Philmajor!!
What a wonderful idea! Stop thinking about what you are going to lose and start thinking about what you are going to gain. You need to make a list of all the positive things about stopping smoking. (There is really no negative ideas other than going through withdrawal!!) Put on some of your favorite music to help lift your spirits.
You can do this. Just look at everyone on this board. Each person thought it would never happen for them and it finally did!!
You don't have to think about tomorrow. Think about right now. Right this minute. Don't borrow trouble.
You are strong and you will get through this.
Memaw

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Mom, you can do it!!! I know you can!

When I quit I was in the hospital for a week, so I didn't make the decision to quit, my appendix did. The day before I got out I woke up about 4am and had a crying/hissy fit that you wouldn't believe because I knew that when I got home for the hospital that day (I thought I was going home), I was going to try to remain smokefree and that scared me to pieces. I guess the nurses, techs and my doctor decided to keep me an extra day because of the fit LOL (my doc asked me if I felt strong enough to go home that day and convinced me I needed to stay another day). I'm glad I stayed, that was an extra day of help for my quit.

So even if you have to cry, scream, take a fit.... do it, you are entitled! But do it w/o cigarettes! Good luck and keep coming back here!

Old 04-28-2007, 10:05 AM   #4
(female)

Fibrana HB User

Hang in there Theycallmemom. My friend and I at work decided to quit on the same day, and I swear you would think we were going to our execution the day before the quit!!! We were nervous wrecks! LOL

I'm on Day 24 and still have a lot of cravings, but hopefully they will lessen in time. Just keep remembering the reasons why you want to quit. I do NOT want to go back to Day 1 again! I also find that right now I have to avoid certain social situations that would be a trigger for me. I would be too tempted right now if I was around smokers. Keep saying "smoking is no longer an option" to yourself when you are thinking about smoking again. And, keep busy if you can. I am using the patch and the inhaler and lots of regular gum.

Don't know what else to suggest at this point. I'm still fairly new at this! Be proud of yourself for taking this big step.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibrana View Post
I'm on Day 24 and still have a lot of cravings, but hopefully they will lessen in time.
Fibrana, the cravings will lessen over time and you will feel better!! At 24 days I was still wearing a patch and feeling so shaky, miserable, sobbing, wanting a cig... Soon you will only have split second cravings.... maybe at 3 or 4 months it will get better. I still have the split second cravings and it's almost a year for me.

Good luck and do something fun.... I just came back from the mall and will take a short nap right now.

Closed Thread