It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 11:50 PM   #1
(female)

ustalaughalot HB User
22 days quit and lost weight too...

Hi all, just checking in. I had back surgery two months ago, I gained about 20 lbs from not being able to move around too much and eating lots of oreos and ice cream. Basically anything I could get to that didn't require me to stand and wait for. Plus meds. helped pack it on. I have been quit on the cigs now for 22 days and I have lost 19 and one 1/2 lbs. by eating sensibly. I am using a 1200 calorie eating plan, I haven't cut out all of the things I like, but I just keep track of serving size and calorie count. For as long as people have been telling me to quit smoking, I have always used the excuse that no, I am already over the weight I want to be, if I quit I will only gain more. I just wanted to come check in and tell anyone who is afraid of weight gain when they quit, don't be, you can still quit and loose weight. People may not want to be around you sometimes when you try to do both, but it all passes. We went out for dinner tonight ( grilled chicken and apple salad with vinegar and lime for dressing) and although I still think that I would like a cig. some times, someone standing near us outside waiting was smoking and I couldn't believe how bad it smelled. I never thought I would say that... Usta

Last edited by ustalaughalot; 04-27-2007 at 11:52 PM.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Re: 22 days quit and lost weight too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustalaughalot View Post
I have been quit on the cigs now for 22 days and I have lost 19 and one 1/2 lbs. by eating sensibly.
Congratulations Usta!!! 22 days off cigarrettes is awesome!! and you lost weight too! Double congratulations!!! Keep coming back and let us know how you are doing!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
(female)

Key2Life HB User
Re: 22 days quit and lost weight too...

Congrats to you!

I had the same rationale as you did..."I'm already 10 lbs overweight, so I need to wait until I lose it before I quit..."

But then I realized I've been "waiting" for 3 years, and probably would have kept on waiting forever!

So my decision to quit prompted other healthy choices in my life...joined a gym and started eating better. The first 2 weeks were hard to cut calories, as I wanted to snack all the time. But that seems to have passed. Now I'm looking forward to really getting into my new diet/exercise routine.

I'm so inspired that you've successfully done both quitting and losing weight! Congrats again, because it ain't easy!

Closed Thread