It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
craving

tuesday it will be 9 months since i smoked a cigarette and today i feel like smoking a ton. not doing well emotionally right now for various reasons. some medical. but i won't. i'd just have to quit again. so i will get busy and forget about it. God bless

Old 04-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Re: craving

Congratulations on 9 months Marian!! Awesome!

I'm coming up on a year and I still get cravings, but I just tell them to go away! I smoked 2 packs a day for 25+ years so I don't think the cravings are going to go away overnight... or in a few months... but they are very managable now.

Good luck and don't give in to that ole Nicodemon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
(female)

Fibrana HB User

Hang in there Marian. I'm the same way at 24 days quit. I've been so depressed since I quit. I thought this would get easier, but it just seems to get harder. I've heard it can take up to 2-3 years to feel comfortable with not smoking! Seems like torture sometimes! LOL

So, just know that you are not alone. Remember how bad smoking made us feel and why we quit in the first place. Smokers are envious of US!

Try to keep busy. That's what I'm doing today. Cleaning, laundry, etc.

We can do this, we just have to "hold on".

Best of luck to you.

Sherry.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
(female)

nmc2007 HB User

Hi,

Like Marian & Traveller, I still have fleeting moments of craving, even after 7 months of quitting! That's why, I keep NRT lozenges with me (although I haven't used them for 3, 4 months), and still need one or two puffs from the NRT inhaler when the craving becomes unbearable!

The road to complete freedom from nicotine is long and hard, especially for me - a smoker of 35 years. However, I'm confident that this will be my last quit and I will succeed! :-)

Cheers,
nmc

Old 04-29-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Memaw649 HB User

Hi marian,
I know what you mean by wanting one. Today, for some reason, was hard for me, too. Guess it was because I went fishing and I used to smoke a lot when I was doing that. This is only the second time that I've done that since I quit.
Not even the deep breaths that usually make the cravings go away helped today. But tomorrow will be better. I just keep repeating Smoking is no longer an option, Smoking is no longer an option, over and over again.
Just because I want one doesn't mean that I would even consider smoking one. It would probably make me sick anyway. I've been off the nicotine for 8 months and 2 weeks now. This is the strongest and longest craving I've had since month 4. So it kinda threw me for a while today. Then I just thought I'd ride it out. Even tonight, it's still there, but not as strong. So it's leaving, but taking it's own sweet time.
So we do understand. I realize that there will be times in my life that I will want to smoke. I also realize that I can never do that again.

Good Luck to you!!

Memaw

Old 04-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

thanks for the replies and encouragement. i made it through and am feeling better. God bless

Closed Thread