It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2007, 06:46 AM   #1
(female)

Fibrana HB User
4 weeks quit!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Today is my 4-week quit date!!!!! Yee-ha!!!! There's no going back now. I definitely do not want to start at Day 1 again! LOL

It is getting easier, especially at work, however the weeknights and weekends are still a bit hard, especially when socializing. I've basically been a hermit for the last 4 weeks until I can get a grip on social situations.

Tomorrow I start the lower dose patch. How many weeks should I be on it? I've done 4 weeks at 21 mg, then I have 2 weeks of 14 mg, then perhaps 2 weeks at 7? Not sure what to do.

Also, I still use the inhaler once in a blue moon.

My friend at work who quit with me is doing great too. Yesterday, another girl at work told me she has quit for 3 days. It was a great compliment when she said that I was her inspiration!

I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping at night lately. My mind won't stop! I even take a sleeping pill. Maybe with the lower dose patch, it will get better.

Good luck to everyone who has quit or is thinking about it! It's a totally new way of life, but well worth it!

Old 05-02-2007, 06:53 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

jdfors HB User
Re: 4 weeks quit!!!!!!

Fibrana congrats on 4 Weeks keep up the good work. I too have been a hermit for the last few weeks but I decided to go out this last weekend and I held strong on the not smoking. Congrats!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2007, 07:55 AM   #3
(female)

Fibrana HB User

Thanks JD. Glad to hear I'm not the only one being a hermit!!! LOL

Old 05-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #4
(female)

Fibrana HB User

Sara, another hermit!!! LOL Geez, maybe we're all turning into hermits now!
I used to think non-smokers were kind of nerdy and geeky (terrible, I know!), but now we're in that group. hehehe I used to always love the smoking area and had fun there with all the "smokers" who I thought were cool like me! Too funny!

I just know personally that I cannot be around anyone smoking right now because the temptation would be too great to bum one off them. This better be over soon because I'm tired of being a hermit!

Old 05-02-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
(female)

Fibrana HB User

Thanks for the advice. You're right, better to wear the patch than to smoke! I'll try the 14 tomorrow and see how it goes. Probably for 2 weeks, then go down to 7. Don't forget, I still have the inhaler and nicorette gum if I'm going crazy! I'm a very addictive personality, so it will probably be hard for me to totally wean off nicotine for awhile.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:29 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibrana View Post
I'm a very addictive personality, so it will probably be hard for me to totally wean off nicotine for awhile.
Me too, if something is addictive, I'm right there in line waiting to get addicted.

But the funny thing about the patch... I stayed on the 7mg patch longer than directed as I mentioned before, and some mornings I just forgot to put one on and eventually that became two mornings, then three mornings in a row. I quit the patch without realizing it. You will too!

Closed Thread