It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
brain throwing tantrum

i have a problem with depression and anxiety around this time of year. i originally quit smoking jan 06 and restarted jun 06 because of this. i then quit in aug and have not smoked since. i did wear the patch until jan this year. i have had very little thought of a cigarette until the last week. it is getting to the point where i feel like i just quit. some really strong cravings. it is like my brain needs something to feel better and it is going to the old standby, except i won't feel better. i might go back on the lowest patch if needed. but i do not want to smoke ever again. it is really hard. any suggestions. thanks and God bless

Old 05-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #2
(female)

Key2Life HB User
Re: brain throwing tantrum

I've only quit 3 weeks, but I can relate to the depression/anxiety part of your problem. I suffer from it as well, and quitting smoking has only made it 10x worse! I can see why you started smoking again last June.

From what I've read, nicotine is a fairly good antidepressant...not suprising that you're craving it again. Unfortunately, I don't really have any suggestions, except possibly trying the patch like you said.

I'm on an antidepressant which helps, but I don't like to recommend meds to anyone because it's such a personal choice. And meds are not a short-term solution, as they are heck to get off of (withdrawal).

At least you know you don't want to smoke. I don't either...isn't it funny, even feeling so bad, that we don't want to?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 07:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: brain throwing tantrum

i have started back on celexa. if i do start i hope i can stop again. i have the patch and the hypnosis cd but i am a woman on the edge. God bless

Closed Thread