It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User
I did it - I quit and I don't miss it!

I quit. I smoked my last one March 31st and haven't even had a craving! I quit cold turkey and don't miss it.
I don't even like the smell of smoke when I smell someone else smoking. I guess it was finally my time to give it up. Best decision I ever made.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 12:40 PM   #2
(female)

Fibrana HB User
Re: I did it - I quit and I don't miss it!

Wow Susie!!! Good for you!!! I can only wish it would be that easy for me. I still struggle everyday with cravings and even more so on the weekends.

I'm sure a lot of us will be envious of you today!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq0726 View Post
I quit. I smoked my last one March 31st and haven't even had a craving! I quit cold turkey and don't miss it.
I don't even like the smell of smoke when I smell someone else smoking. I guess it was finally my time to give it up. Best decision I ever made.

WAY TO GO SUSIEQ!!!!! Hang in there, and never cave in. I'm glad to hear that you're not having cravings, but just a little friendly warning....I didn't have many cravings the first few weeks as I would have later....but we're all different in how we cope with this....some of us quit a little more smoothly than others....I was quite the quitter's nightmare....a rough road for quite a while. But I am SO grateful, because I made it!!, (3 ys and 7 months ago), and I came out of it wonderfully....glad I had the patience and perseverance [this time], to give it a chance enough to work....because it did!! (I never waited long enough on my other quit...even 2 x when I went over the one year mark!! It takes time to 'unlearn' all of those years of the habit part of smoking...the automatic light ups after just about everything we did, [or before sometimes].
Congratulations to you!!

And Fibrana--you hang in there too....I did have cravings for quite a while...but as time went on, they were much fewer and farther between, [and less intense!!]. You will be glad you stuck it out, in the long run....it is SO WORTH IT!! I absoluely LOVE not smoking today, and have felt that way for a while now! You will get over that hump too, so don't cave in to this little monster, whatever you do. Get tough and kick it's A$$!!!!!!

Congratulations susuieq and Fibrana!!
Love,
Deda

Old 05-09-2007, 06:41 AM   #4
(female)

Fibrana HB User

Thanks Deda!!!!

Today is my 5-week mark!!!! 35 days! I can't believe it. Still hard though for me. At work, I am fine, but when I go home at night and on the weekends, I crave really bad. I guess because that was pretty much the only place I could smoke all I wanted comfortably nowadays.

I will keep holding on and hope it gets better. It's just scary reading some of these posts and how LONG it takes to get over this! Some days, I have to talk myself out of smoking about 50 times or more! It's a real battle with my mind some days.

Also, I've been depressed because I don't want to ruin my quit by social outings etc. where I know there will be smokers, so I've basically just been staying home by myself. I did feel more confident when I smoked in social situations, i.e. dances, dates, etc.

Oh well, good luck to everyone and have a happy smoke-free day!!!

Old 05-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

Thanks to both of you!
It's really funny that I don't even think about it anymore. I just finally got sick and tired of the whole smoking thing and decided I was done. I hated always worrying about having enough cigs to get me to work. (I LOVED smoking while driving!) I hated coughing and tasting that rotten taste in my mouth.
I was at a class the last two days and a couple of the women in the class were smokers. You could totally tell they smoked! Their voices were raspy, coughing all the time and all the smoking made them look weathered. We had to break every hour so they could get their nic fit taken care of.
Don't get me wrong, I will never be the "reformed smoker" type person that puts everyone else down because they still smoke. I know it's got to be hard on people. I just know it was the right thing for me to do and I feel SOOOO much better. So all those out there trying to quit stick with it. You can do it! Take one day at a time!

Closed Thread