It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
(female)

Fibrana HB User
I have quit for 36 days now

Hi everyone,

I have quit for 36 days now, not smoked 886 cigarettes, saved around $250.00, and added 3 days plus to my life!!!!

deleted

I am still craving at night and on the weekends, but it is getting better. I have discovered that you really have to lower your alcohol consumption for the quit to work. In my case anyway! After a couple of drinks, I really crave and would probably take one if it was available.

We have to be really PROUD of ourselves and treat ourselves daily. Do the quit for you and you only. Love yourself.

So, how is everyone doing out there?

Sherry (45 years old, Hamilton, Ontario CANADA, smoker of 29 years)

Last edited by Administrator; 05-10-2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: posted website

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2007, 11:20 AM   #2
(female)

Evonne667 HB User
Re: Quitting check-in

CONGRATULATIONS FIBRANA
36 Days quit is awesome.

I've been quit for 23 days, not smoked 593 ciggies, saved £150 (approx $300), saved 2 days of my life

I'm on the 15mg patch 16 hour with 2mg chewing gum which I have decreased from 8 pieces a day to 5 pieces a day. Bit scared on when I reduce the mg of patch but I will cross that bridge when it comes, as I know I have your support to ask any questions.

As for the cravings I don't seem to be that bad today, but in saying that I haven't had any stress neither....lol

Hope everyone is doing great on there quit, type to you all later

Evonne

Last edited by Evonne667; 05-10-2007 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Typo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
(female)

Fibrana HB User

Congratulations to you!!!!!!!!!! You are not far behind me!

You have different strengths/durations of patches than we have in Canada by the sounds of your post. We have 3 strengths here, 21, 14 and 7, and are supposed to keep the patch on for 24 hours. I've been having wild dreams since being on the patch! I was on the 21 mg patch for 4 weeks, one week now on the 14 mg patch, will probably do at least 3 more weeks at 14, then try out the 7 mg patches. I use the inhaler which is great a few times during the day, and sometimes a nicotine gum after a lunch meal or when I'm really craving. Whatever it takes, right?!

I have red squares where all the patches have been and I'm starting to look like a checkerboard! LOL Do you have this problem?

Good luck to you and keep us posted!!!

Old 05-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
(female)

Evonne667 HB User

UK supply 2 different types of patches, as you stated the 24 hour patch at 21, 14 & 7mg, which I started when I first quit smoking, but like you, I was having vivid dreams, so the nurse prescribed the 16 hour patch at 15mg whereas you take it off before bedtime and I have been great with it. The next step down is 4 weeks when I will be on the 10mg patch for 2 weeks then the 5mg patch for another 2 weeks. Then I have the job of weaning myself of the chewing gum. But hey.....it's better than smoking.

As for being like a checkerboard, I know what you mean. I find it uncomfortable sometimes trying to wipe off the mark left from the patch, but hey it will be over soon, well another 9 weeks...& counting ..lol

Good luck, keep posting, we'll get there
Evonne

Last edited by Evonne667; 05-10-2007 at 01:24 PM. Reason: typo

Closed Thread