It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
(female)

Fibrana HB User
6 weeks quit now!

Hi everyone,

Today is my 6-week point! 1,010 not smoked!

It's getting a little easier. The thing that is stopping me now from even thinking about cheating is the thought that what if that one or two cigarettes you sneak are the deadly ones that start terrible things in your body?

When I smoked, I used to wonder sometimes, "will this be the cigarette that starts lung cancer?" etc. Terrible way to think, I know. I just hope I quit in time and that it's not the cigarette I smoked a few months ago that starts things. Anyway, this thought is keeping me from even thinking about cheating, so I thought it might help someone else.

I've gained 5 pounds, which I hope to lose. Food just seems so appealing now and I'm not in a hurry to finish so that I can go and smoke! LOL

I have had some depression since quitting, but I think that's getting better. Still avoiding some social situations, but feel ready to try soon.

Right now, I'm so proud of myself that I don't want to go back to smoking and disappoint myself or my friends and family.

Another benefit is that I seem to have more money in my wallet every week! LOL

Best of luck everyone!

The following user gives a hug of support to Fibrana:
maddies (02-13-2011)
Old 05-16-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
(male)

DeadFish HB User
Re: 6 weeks quit now!

Great for you Fibrana!
You are moving right along in that quit!
Know what you mean about which 'nail in your coffin' would be THE one that kilt you from smoking....
Yeah, cheating is not an option. I'm at 107 days, still getting cravings but determined to never go through this crazy process again!

By the way, I understand the *concept* of having extra money in our pockets by this time, but I keep looking and not finding any!

Best regards, hang in there!
DeadFish

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2007, 03:39 AM   #3
(female)

EvonneMCFC HB User
Re: 6 weeks quit now!

Hi Fibrana

Glad you are doing excellent on your quit, 6 weeks is a great achievement.

It's been exactly 1 month today since I quit (best decision I've made in my life). Like you stated it is getting easier. I can actually be around people now who smoke and I don't get the urge to light up myself, instead I will grab a mint (which I have close by at all times...lol). This might sound daft, but I get urges for my mints rather than a ciggie now...lol. Which I find is great, as mints are alot cheaper and safer...lol.

My GP has put me on the 15mg patch for another 3 weeks then he will reduce it to the 10mg. I've just got to concentrate on reducing my intake of the 2mg gum. He wants me to reduce it from 4 a day to 2 a day over the next 3 weeks. Will keep posting. These message boards are a life saver, I don't think I could of done it without the support from these boards.

A Big Thank you for everyones support
Evonne

Closed Thread