It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
(female)

susie120900 HB User
Angry new to board,but not new to trying to quit

hi everyone,
just wanted to introduce myself and say that its so wonderful to have this support board.i cant count how many times i have tried to quit, hopefully this will be the final one for me.im on day 11 now and have the 21 mg.patch on.
seems to be working,but hubby is still getting on my nerves LOL.
hes a heavy smoker and has no intensions of quitting, which i understand its a personal thing,but he doesnt understand the process of withdrawal.
im much better the last two days,but i was a terror before that
so not having much support and finding the board was heaven sent
so even though i dont know anyone here yet, i wanted to say thanks because you have helped me more then you know.
my best to everyone
sue

Old 05-17-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
(female)

anewme HB User
Re: new to board,but not new to trying to quit

Hey Susie, Congratulations on 11 days!! You give me hope. This is my first day quit. It must really be hard to quit while living with a smoker. But I know you can do it. its really just a mind set and determination.
The last time I tried to quit I thought I might kill somebody so I started back. This time will be different. The chantix helps so far.
you are right about these boards, its nice to come and see there are other people trying to do what you're trying to do and they are succeeding!!
So congrats again and hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2007, 03:42 PM   #3
(female)

susie120900 HB User
Re: new to board,but not new to trying to quit

anewme,
thats for the reply,,oh my gosh what a bad day i had today..i dont know if its the quit smoking thing or the hormones LOL.im just proud of myself i didnt light up today.i think im going to go to bed early so i can say i made it through another day smoke free(yeah!). hope youre doing well on your second day.dont let me discourage you about what happened to me today, i have been feeling good lately and im actually seeing a difference in how my skin feels , its got kind of a glow to it.. so you hang in there, so so many benefits to quitting.keep in touch,
susie

Closed Thread