It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 02:09 PM   #1
(male)

marcusjj HB User
Advice or Help?

Hello all. First off I would like to say that I have smoked Marijuana consistently for about a year and a half. I haven't smoked in 3 weeks and felt pretty good. In my short life(21) I have had Bronchitis and Pneumonia once each in the past 3 years.

Unfortunately, I went out and bought my first pack of cigs ever 3 weeks ago to get some kinda buzz. I finished off the pack in no hurry, probably 2 weekends. Last Thursday, I went out to the bar with some friends and borrowed a cig from a random person(Camel Lights? Silver text and box?). THE DAY AFTER I smoked that cigarette, I developed a nasty cough. The cough sometimes produces brown phlegm. I am also running a low grade temp. A very disgusting odor is present when I cough and I am very fatigued.

It still persists today and I made my first visit to the doctor today. After a blood test and X-rays, they aren't sure what is wrong. They did notice 2 spots on the right side of my lungs which are troublesome. It could be pneumonia.

I need some reassurance that it isn't anything worse because I am truely scared. I know I shouldn't be smoking at all with my past respiratory problems so no lecture is needed here.

Previous or current smokers, have you experienced anything similar to my symptoms? I am due back to the doctor in 8 days with no exceptions. The doctor sounded very concerned.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
(male)

marcusjj HB User
Re: Advice or Help?

C'mon people, don't be shy.

Am I overthinking this? Am I being overly worried?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
(male)

Johndg2 HB User

probably just pneumonia. I wouldn't worry to much. Did he give you antibiotics?

Old 05-22-2007, 05:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

I'm pretty sure you can't get Lung Cancer from smoking for 3 weeks nor can you get it from smoking pot for a few years. In a past life I smoked pot every day several times a day for several years among many other things I quit smoking cigs finally almost a year ago. I use to get bronchitis(SP?) twice a year for several years when the seasons changed. Because of other health issues I've had MRI's, x-rays, bone scan to name a few they originally said I may have bone cancer but three years later all I have is a benign bone tumor. They have to cover their *****es so they test you for everything they can think of.

Feel lucky that you're getting a wake up call this young in life when you still have time to undo the minimal damage and make the changes necessary to live a long happy healthy life. Don't wait for so long like the rest of us. Read through some of the threads here and see what some of these other people are going through or have gone through it'll change your mind about smoking pretty quick.

Good luck with everything

Last edited by Liamsmom; 05-22-2007 at 05:45 AM.

Closed Thread