It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

Fibrana HB User
7 weeks today

Hi everyone,

Well, today is 7 weeks quit for me!!!

I must confess that I have cheated a couple of times, but overall am doing great. My hardest times are social situations or if I'm around someone who has cigarettes. After I cheated twice, I felt so terrible, guilty, and wondered why I have to obsess about cigarettes constantly. It never leaves my mind!
I'll just keep plugging along until this becomes easier because I love being a non-smoker! I don't want to cheat anymore or feel like I'm missing something all the time.

Anyway, I'm still really proud of myself because it's around 1300 cigarettes that I HAVEN'T smoked!

I wish everyone the best of luck in quitting.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Noni33 HB User
Re: 7 weeks today

Congratulations, seven weeks with a few slips is great. I must say reading your post was good for me to see the word "guilt", that is my biggest fear. So needless to say you have kept me in line today. Thanks Noni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Fibrina way to go. My husband quit in the 70's and to this day he still misses them. You can do it. It is the cool thing to be a non smoker now.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
(female)

Fibrana HB User

Thanks for your replies. I keep hearing that the craving really never goes away. That's why it's so hard to stay quit. The only person I know who says they'd NEVER smoke again and never want to is my mother. She quit 8 years ago. So, that gives me inspiration. Most people say you never lose the craving, which makes it seem like living a life of torture to me! LOL It takes a really strong will every day not to give into it.

I do not think I've "surrendered" to this yet, which I need to do. I still need to know that I can sneak the odd one now and again. I have to let that go, totally accept that I no longer smoke, and be done with it! The surrender part is so hard to do!

Be strong everyone! We can get through this!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:26 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Noni33 HB User

I may be different but I feel the craving goes but the habit is the hard part. So to help with that I try to break my routine up as much as possible that seems to work for me. I mixed my morning routine up all together. I always drank a beer out of the bottle but now I have to have it in a glass (sounds silly but it works). Find this board so helpful but can't wait for the day that I off. Good luck to all

Noni

Old 05-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #6
(female)

Fibrana HB User

LOL! I'll have to try drinking my beer in a glass Noni! I also read that you may have to change your drink altogether. I actually bought vodka and cranberry juice to try!

I hear what you say about routines. After a meal, I have to get up right away and do something, I can't just sit there or I will crave a cigarette.

I saw a poster which showed someone holding a cigarette to their upper arm as if they were injecting it. Kind of made me think. I guess we are junkies, but smoked to get our fix instead of injecting. Nicotine delivery system.

I've heard of Chinese torture methods, but I think quitting smoking has got to be one of the worst form of torture!!!! LOL

Old 05-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Noni33 HB User

Fibrana, I guess we have to do whatever it takes.

Have a good one

Noni

Old 07-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #8
(female)

gladys1123 HB User
Wink Re: 7 weeks today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibrana View Post
Thanks for your replies. I keep hearing that the craving really never goes away. That's why it's so hard to stay quit. The only person I know who says they'd NEVER smoke again and never want to is my mother. She quit 8 years ago. So, that gives me inspiration. Most people say you never lose the craving, which makes it seem like living a life of torture to me! LOL It takes a really strong will every day not to give into it.

I do not think I've "surrendered" to this yet, which I need to do. I still need to know that I can sneak the odd one now and again. I have to let that go, totally accept that I no longer smoke, and be done with it! The surrender part is so hard to do!

Be strong everyone! We can get through this!
Fibrana you can do it I have went cold turkey well not true I prayed alot and I asked God for help aand he did help. I went threw my depressed stage crying alot amd I never barely cry lol... I went threw just a pity party but then by the 46 day I felt good. I don't ever want to smoke because it is not worth going threw those terrible withdrawels so I hang on to those memories. I dont crave cigs either maybe once but it was not stong thank God.....
I am glad I found this forum it helps to talk about what u feel and I hope I help others stay of the smokes... God Bless and stand strong .... We all can do this it is us who controls our lives not the nicotine....

Closed Thread