It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
(male)

Pillbox HB User
Chantix? maybe not

I got me a month supply of Chantix to help me stop dipping snuff. I figure if it can help a smoker it can help me. Anyways I'm on day 4 of it and just upped my dosage to 1mg a day. The first three days when I took it I could tell it was working and I just didn't want to dip much snuff. Well today I take two pills of it and I can't tell it's doing anything. If nothing else I want to dip more. Just wondering why it has stopped working anybody else have an experience like this?

Old 06-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
(female)

MommaBryant HB User
Re: Chantix? maybe not

Sorry to say this is exactly what's happened to me. Chantix has made it so smoking doesn't seem to do much for me, but I can't quit thinking about wanting a cig. It's totally a mental thing as this is day 7 without one. But the cravings are still strong. Wish I was one of those that Chantix took it all away, but I'm not. Willpower is still the answer. Keep telling yourself no. We can do this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #3
(female)

anewme HB User

Hang in there, I took chantix for 3 weeks and quit smoking, it does nothing for the urge to smoke, you have to really want to quit. I quit on the second week of taking it and continued to take it for another week. I am done with chantix and cigarettes good luck

Old 06-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
(male)

Pillbox HB User

Yeah I'm sitting here still in the fog I just got to hang in there, I'll do it one way or the other.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
(female)

anewme HB User

I think after I started chantix I slept alot, Not the one for taking naps but I had to have one for several days. of course thast is a symptom of nicotine withdrawal!! That has gotten better and the brain fog will get better too. I would try to get off it as soon as possible though. Several people that I know quit within 2 weeks and stayed quit. Have faith in yourself. You can do it!

Old 06-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
(female)

wilmaflintstone HB User

I am on Chantix. Had the fog thing going too. It lifts. Stay on it or talk to your doctor about cutting the pills in half. Clean from nicotine 15 days now. Hang in.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:41 AM   #7
(female)

wilmaflintstone HB User

Snuff is nicotine too. There is as much of a battle going on in your mind as in your body, and I don't think we as nicotine addicts understand that. Chantix is a miracle as far as I am concerened, and it doesn't make you quit; it just makes it EASIER to quit. Stay with it. I have seen pictures of the insides of people's mouth who dip, chew, snuff, etc and it is awful. Also, the can remove part of your jaw if you get cancer. Stick with it and remember that if it has been a part of your life for a long time, then your will need to re-wire some of your thoughts to dip. You can't turn off your brain, but you can think of something else the next time you want to dip, or you can do something like wash dishes, wash your car, clean the house, etc. The thoughts only last 3 minutes- (sometimes less or more,) but you can fight back. Good luck.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:16 PM   #8
(male)

tomjayc HB User

Hi Pillbox,

I also used Chantix to quit snuff. Please stick with it. The brain fog and insomnia quit after a month. I quit using snuff after about 2 weeks. I still use the fake snuff (mint pouches) and am very thankfull for this crutch. I can now go without my crutch, but it's nice to have around.

Good luck

3 + months nicotine free

Last edited by tomjayc; 06-05-2007 at 08:18 PM.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:47 AM   #9
(female)

MommaBryant HB User

Wilma, you're right, it's a mind game. I'm exhausted from the battle with my mind. So much so, I smoked one this am. Rats, and I was on day 9, but I can't stop this little voice in my head telling me how much I want a cig. I've tried everything. I even hoped this am it would make me sick or it would taste bad as others as said, but no, that would be too easy. So, I'm back to the battle. Thanks for the shoulder, I needed to vent.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:23 PM   #10
(female)

angelawin HB User

Don't beat yourself up...this is an addiction and a lifelong habit that takes more than 9 days to stop! I'm trying to stop thinking I'm denying myself something by not smoking...I say to myself that I hate cigarettes even when I don't believe it and eventually it helps to crowd out the thought that I miss them. Kind of a mind trick.
I'm on day 3 of my quit......still haven't thought that much less about smoking but having quit cold turkey before I'd say this is much much easier. Hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself!!!

Closed Thread