It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 05:10 AM   #1
(male)

sobah HB User
Day 1

Here we go !!

Old 06-04-2007, 06:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User
Re: Day 1

Hang in there Sobah the first few days is the worst and once you're through that it's smooth-ish sailing. Just keep focused on the reasons you want to quit. Keep busy so you have very little time to think about it and you'll do great you'll see.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
(female)

MommaBryant HB User

You can do it Sobah!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:25 AM   #4
(female)

Wsmith HB User

I am also just starting Chantix. Tomorrow is week one on the med. Now taking .5 in the morning and .5 at night. Not too many side effects yet, but I also not lavking in the cravings department yet either. Cigs are, however, beginning to taste diffirently. I am hoping this helps. I do truly want to quit... Question: Did anyone lose the desire for the cigs, or did the med just help with the urge? Wish me luck. Just wrote my goodbyr letter to cig. It does feel like I amgiving up a comforting friend with whom I share a love/hate relationship.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobah View Post
Here we go !!
Whoo-hoo!!! You can do it, Sobah Let us know how you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsmith View Post
I am also just starting Chantix. Tomorrow is week one on the med. Now taking .5 in the morning and .5 at night. Not too many side effects yet, but I also not lavking in the cravings department yet either. Cigs are, however, beginning to taste diffirently. I am hoping this helps. I do truly want to quit... Question: Did anyone lose the desire for the cigs, or did the med just help with the urge? Wish me luck. Just wrote my goodbyr letter to cig. It does feel like I amgiving up a comforting friend with whom I share a love/hate relationship.
Hi, Wsmith

I lost a bit of the desire, as well as the urge, I suppose. I think they go hand in a hand a bit? I think this med helps the desire pass quickly so that you can work on your urges/habits. I've definitely desired a smoke in the last 13 days, but I've never felt like I needed to kill someone for it or the world was going to crash around me if I didn't get one.

Them tasting different is good! Hopefully they'll start to taste as nasty for you as they did for me. It took about two weeks for that to happen.

Cigs are no comforting friend. You need to remember that, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. This "friend" wants to see you die a horrible death and will not rest until it's done so. It wants you to spend hundreds of dollars a month on it without thought. It doesn't care that just by you "hanging out with it," it is causing harm to those around you. No, no, no ... this is no friend at all.

Write your letters, do whatever you need to, but today, right now, you need to stop thinking of cigs as a comfort, as a friend. With friends like that, who needs enemies, you know?

I read recently that you're doing less harm to your body than cigarettes by driving up to a gas station, getting out, walking around to the pump, grabbing it, putting the tip inside your mouth and breathing in the fumes for a minute or so. Now, I would never DREAM of doing that! Would you? Jeez, I try and stay out of the wind when I pump gas because the fumes are just nasty, and they're really bad for you.

I needed something to make me feel like cigs are those gas pumps. So far, it's working.

Best of luck to you! You can do it

Closed Thread