It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
Dec.7 2006 to June 7, 2007

Six months today I am free of cigarettes. I never want to pick one up. Hate the smell of them. Hate what they do to people who do smoke.
Six months today I have been battling terminal Lung Cancer. I'm 52. It's a hideous disease and I CHOSE it for myself.
My only hope is one day no one will smoke and no one will die from smoking induced lung cancer again.
I KNOW you all here can quit, because I did. I was a diehard smoker. But please, PLEASE quit anyway you can. You will be so proud of yourselves for doing it...I promise you. I am proud I quit. I just feel DUMB for not quitting before it was too late.
Choose to Live.
Faith

Last edited by HELLASRULES; 06-07-2007 at 06:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
(male)

sobah HB User
Re: Dec.7 2006 to June 7, 2007

Thank You !!!! I'm working on my 4th day. This is one sick crazy addiction !!! It talks to me all day !!! Buy a pack....nobody will know, just smoke in your truck.....nobody will know, just bum them at work........nobody will know. Its nuts !!! Its powerful !! I just said a prayer for you, send one back my way !!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobah View Post
Thank You !!!! I'm working on my 4th day. This is one sick crazy addiction !!! It talks to me all day !!! Buy a pack....nobody will know, just smoke in your truck.....nobody will know, just bum them at work........nobody will know. Its nuts !!! Its powerful !! I just said a prayer for you, send one back my way !!!!
You've got it Sobah! I just did.
Saying "nobody will know" isn't true. YOU will know.
You CAN do it! We Mass people are tough, tougher than a little nicotine!
So if you see a bald lady walking along the beach...stop & say hi!

Old 06-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I smoked for a little over 37 years. I stopped smoking in Jan 06 with a 2 month relapse last summer. I am also 52 and the thought of lung cancer terrifies me. My parent's both stopped smoking in their 60's after well over 40 years of smoking. My dad died of heart disease when he was 75 and my mom will be 87 in a couple of weeks. A friend of mine died when she was 51 or 52 of lung cancer. Cancer does run in her family. It is like russian roulette. You never know when it will get you but it will get you. I hope anyone who reads your post will listen to you. Godbless

Old 06-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
(female)

MommaBryant HB User

Sobah, I've got the same cig demon here too. I'm on day 10 and he still talks to me all day. I think about smoking more now than when I smoked. Can't figure it out. It's a constant battle but we're going to win it. I'm trying more now to have a more positive attitude, and I keep reminding myself that I can control my thoughts and I will not let my thoughts control me. Smoking is not an option. Keep the faith.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Marian,
So glad you found a way to quit. Think everyone needs a special something to get them to quit. Hopefully not something as drastic as cancer like I did. I smoked 29 years. Why I got it with only 29 years? Who knows. Working in a major city with a lot of pollution? Radon in the house or work? Stress? Personality? Who the heck knows! My aunts all smoked into their 80's and
90's, never ate, just drank coffee and they were fine. Go figure!
It's the number one killer in this country, and the #1 preventable cancer.
And still we smoke. I did. And still we allow cigarettes to be sold the world over. Why? Big business. Big bucks. The cost...I think it like 172,000 lives in this country alone. The cure for the cancer? Oh there isn't one...smokers don't deserve to be cured, so there's little funding for lung cancer research.
If you get it....it's a death sentence. There is NO CURE FOR LUNG CANCER.
I still say..CHOOSE LIFE! Quit anyway you can. ANY way.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #7
(female)

pidypat HB User

hi faith you are so strong, i have health problems and smoking is a behavior that i had to control . but just like you i have did so much damage to my body that i can,t change. no more smoking for me . and it do stink . if a car pass me and i smell smoke it makes me want to vomit. be strong everyone you can do this.

Closed Thread