It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #1
(male)

Jack45 HB User
11 weeks on Chantex and want one bad.

I finished my 12 weeks on Chantex yesterday and have had a rough day. I haven't smoked yet but I really want one bad. I was afraid it would get tough when I got off the Chantix.

Any encouragement will be helpful. I haven't had a cigarette since April 1st.

The following user gives a hug of support to Jack45:
Soolaimon (03-23-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
(female)

bonzer HB User
Re: 11 weeks on Chantex and want one bad.

it may be time to get another prescription, i will be when my 3 months is over. 90 days is nothing, of course you are still craving. good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2007, 07:16 AM   #3
(male)

Jack45 HB User

I made it through the night. I wasn't about to light up that close to bedtime. I feel much better this morning. I still have a desire for a cigarette but I wouldn't call it a craving.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
(female)

anewme HB User

I think your "craving" is more of a want or habit of lighting up. the nicotine is out of your system you are now just dealing with the "head" part of it.
Don't give in!
I quit cigarettes and chantix in 3 weeks because I was astarting to have bad side effects on it. But the nicotine was out of my system by then so the only fight I had was with my own head. I would tell myself that I should have a cigarette just because I used to would do that at that time, like after eating, after sex, after a drink or while on the phone. yikes!
so now I will have a piece of gum, or a walk or I have to talk to myself about it Me: You should have a ciggie
Me again: no, I really don't want one
me: you know you like it
me again: I thought I did but its just a nasty habit
me: but it taste so good after you eat, etc
me again: it used to taste good but actually it taste bad and smells bad
me: but it always calms you
me again: nicotine is a stimulate, how can it calm you?
me: er..hum...not sure
me again.....I WIN!
I have this conversation or one similar alot It is a battle that I intend to win! YoU CAN TOO!!

Old 06-20-2007, 04:59 AM   #5
(male)

narccop HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack45 View Post
I finished my 12 weeks on Chantex yesterday and have had a rough day. I haven't smoked yet but I really want one bad. I was afraid it would get tough when I got off the Chantix.

Any encouragement will be helpful. I haven't had a cigarette since April 1st.
Have you tried going for walks. Seems like it really hekps me. When the craving get really bad, if your able go for a 30 min walk, if your like me it will go away...good luck and god bless

Old 06-20-2007, 07:09 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Jack, I belong to several smoking cessation and/or Chantix support groups, and MANY people are having to wean off the Chantix for just the effects you're going through.

Please have a chat with your doctor about this!

It's also possible you will be one that needs to go six months instead of three.

Congratulations on being smoke free as long as you have

Old 06-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #7
(male)

Jack45 HB User

The cravings were bad on the second day only. Now they are back to normal. I think it was just that i had nothing on my mind except wanting a cigarette.

I expected some change when I finished the Chantex. Chantex has been stimulating the receptors that are stimulated by nicotine and this stimulation stopped suddenly. It was bound to have some physiological effects. I am almost a week since I finished the Chantex and cravings are not so bad. I want a cigarette sometimes but it is just a pleasure I am denying myself. I don't have the gut-wrenching cravings like I have had when I tried to quit cold turkey,

I am very satisfied with the Chantex. It didn't make me want to quit but it allowed me to say no. I have seen people who want the Chantex to do all the work for you. It's wasn't that way with me. I describe the cravings when I was doing it cold turkey and wanting one so bad it hurt. The Chantex stopped the hurting but I still had to say "NO".

Chantex was expensive. But I figure I saved enough money by not buying cigarettes that I broke even. I am glad I am off the Chantex. Now I can really start saving some money.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:31 PM   #8
(female)

pidypat HB User

hello jack i quit jan 9 2007 with chantix i did 90 days.i still had some cravings but i had control . some triggers was coffee, drinking, i stop drinking coffee for awhile and now i can have coffee but now i have a new trigger. hambuger fries and a coke its been along time . but after finishing i want a cig -- whats up with this. no more mc ,s fries ,and coke for me i know this is a head thing. i will win . this is habit . i know we can do this plus i don,t need the lbs i did pick up 5 lbs and lost 3lbs i got 2 to go . just don,t pick up new habits

Old 06-20-2007, 08:12 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

I never tried chantix but i have not smoked in almost 11months. I used the patch for 5 months, was off of it for 4 months and went back on to lowest because of severe cravings that came out of nowhere. Last year I also got severe cravings at the 4 month mark and started smoking. not this time. I will go off the patch again next month and see what happens. Hopefully it will go well. At least I am not inhaling the poisons. Godbless

Old 08-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #10
(female)

ariel7 HB User

I know what you are feeling. I tried quitting cold turkey, patches, etc. Didn't work, kid. What did you try? Some of us have found success on Chantix. It's definitely worth a try. Seriously..........

Old 08-08-2007, 09:01 PM   #11
(female)

ariel7 HB User

Mekales,
Are you there????? Miss you lots, kid. Come back and join us -- I don't care if you are smoking. Come back!!!!! Good friends are more precious than bad habits.

Mekales, drop by sometime, okay? We sure miss you.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #12
(female)

LEAHOC HB User

I was on Chantix for about 6 weeks, I thought I had a handle on the smoking, and slowly realized that I didn't. Now I am back to smoking like before, does anyone know can I just start taking the Chantix again, or do I have to go back to the Doc & go back on the starter pack?

Old 01-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #13
(female)

lyons53 HB User

I just started Chantix. This coming Wednesday is my quit day and I am really worried. I have smoked many years and enjoy it. I am going to try to not have any cigarettes on Monday and see how I do. I am glad for this message board. Wish more were on that just started. Also it is nice reading success stories

Last edited by lyons53; 01-06-2008 at 10:51 AM.

Closed Thread