It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
(female)

jeanusa HB User
Support????

I thought this board was for
support. I can't believe that no one has commented on Velveeta quit. Three months is huge.......... I think we would all wanted to hear a little something.

Jean

Old 06-26-2007, 07:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: Support????

I don't really understand what's happened to these boards, Jean. There doesn't appear to be very many cheerleaders left. I know there have been posts I've been hesitant to reply to because I don't want to get banned. Maybe others feel the same?

But three months is a giant accomplishment, and Velveeta is actually the only one who responded to my thread, too. I did give the Big Cheese a cyber high five!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2007, 07:20 AM   #3
(female)

velveeta HB User

Support is huge and I will continue to support those struggling with nicotine addiction. I have been well supported and and I feel it is my duty to help other people quit the habit. Beleive me this was not my first attempt at quitting but it has been my most successful and hopefully my last. I wish I had never puffed that first cigarette way back when. I always wanted to be a cheerleader but never thought I would be one this late in life. Just don't expect any high jumps or splits!!

Old 06-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Three months is wonderful I have not been on this board for awhile dealing with my husbands illness but I am also three months free but I am still using the inhaler. How did you stop?

Old 06-26-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Velveeta, that is a great accomplishment, I have a quit date set 2 weeks from now and it is my second and last attempt at quitting I had quit for 3 months but backslid. You stay quit congrats to you.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:44 AM   #6
(male)

tomjayc HB User

Their haven't been as many people here for the last few months because a member was complaining that their was too much talk about chantix and not enough talk about other methods of quiting. Whatever way you choose that gets you nicotine free is great!! I am very greatful for all of the support that I received when I was having my roughest times. 119 days for me.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Old 06-27-2007, 05:50 AM   #7
(female)

velveeta HB User

I'll drink to that Tom! Just quit!! You Can Do It!! I would have never thought that I would be almost 4 months quit!!

Old 06-27-2007, 05:56 AM   #8
(female)

velveeta HB User

Lorriem, If you were asking me how I quit I would say will power assisted by Chantix. My sister used the inhaler for a while but then could not get off the inhaler. You are doing well to not smoke. Keep up the good work.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:59 AM   #9
(female)

velveeta HB User

Hotdam, I believe that this will be the successful quit you have been looking for. If you did it for three months you are certainly going to do it again. This time for GOOD!! You have the power inside you!!

Old 06-27-2007, 06:35 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Velveeta, yes I believe this time is going to be the ticket. my quit date is July 6 so actually its a little over a week. I bought some commits to help me this time, I quit cold turkey the first time and was having such anxiety issues which I am on meds for but thats another board, I also used chantix for a few days but the side effects were wierd so I just did it cold turkey.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:43 AM   #11
(female)

velveeta HB User

Hotdam, My mom quit many years ago "cold Turkey" I do not know how she did it. I have the greatest respect for cold turkey quitters! She never puffed another cigarette in her life. You go Tough Girl!! I am cheering for you!!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:57 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Thanks Velveeta.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
Lorriem, If you were asking me how I quit I would say will power assisted by Chantix. My sister used the inhaler for a while but then could not get off the inhaler. You are doing well to not smoke. Keep up the good work.
Good for you chanti does seem to be help many.Yes the inhaler you can get addicted to also but I am trying to wean down.
Congratz to all with three months quit.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:04 AM   #14
(female)

velveeta HB User

Lorriem, How long have you been quit by the way? It is great to breath again and not hack up a bunch of stuff when you cough. I like that I am not waking myself up at night coughing and wheezing. I get things done alot faster now that I am not wasting time smoking a cigarette. I kind of calculated what I have already burned away over the years in cigarettes and it has got to be about 25 thousand bucks. I virtually over the years watched that much money burn up in an ashtray. That is screwed up for sure. Thought I would die a smoker too. Not the case today Good thing chantix worked as I was running out of ways to quit other than cold turkey again. Well enough of that! Stay strong Stay nicotine free!!!

Old 06-28-2007, 02:20 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Velvetta I stop smoking alittle over three months ago but I am not nicotine free because of the inhaler but free of the other toxins.
Every time I see your screen name I crave chesse.lol

Closed Thread